Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 12:41 AM

Default QQ FT Love Fest 2006

Villain in this hand is one of Full Tilt's newest superstars, the guys who deposit $500 and run it up to 10k in a week and think theyre the best players ever, who knows maybe they are, anyway he seems like he overvalues hands in marginal situations which is typical of these guys as they never run into anything that beats them, but hes not by any means terrible or a LAG.

I make a standard raise from early middle with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], button calls, flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet the pot and button min raises me.

I question what this means aside from the flopped nut flush or a set. Is this the lone Ace enough of the time [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to vindicate a push that the villain will likely call? Best line to call and wait until the turn? However, I dont know what turns I like, a set is also a possibility.

As the hand played out I just called, which isnt what I would prefer to do. I then called a 2/3 pot sized bet on the turn when the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell, making me the one card second nut flush. I had no idea if I had the best hand or was picking off a bluff or a set trying to win the hand. The river paired the board and I checked preparing to check fold to a substantial bet.

I feel like there is a much better way to handle this sort of situation, thanks for anyone that wants to input. Im going to email this to ciaffone and then maybe post his reply if he doesnt mind :-).