Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: 5/5 NL at Ocean\'s 11, interesting river...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, why are you eager to get all your chips in with TPTK? FWIW, I think a pot-sized raise on the flop is one of the worst options. It sets you up for one or many of the following things to happen:

1) You get run off by a worse hand,
2) You get all your money in way behind or a little ahead,
3) You let slimly-drawing hands get away very cheap.

That's not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm really not all that happy to be getting all my chips in w/ tptk, but i think the line i and mike proposed is better that the one taken, and gets all the $ in vs a better set of hands.

personally, i raise pot and check behind on the turn and maybe call a river bet or bet if checked to or check behind, depending on what falls and what the opp looks like.

but then again, i suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling the flop is far, far superior to either line that has been mentioned.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling the flop is far, far superior to either line that has been mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough. i think the op's line is worse than calling, fwiw.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:22 AM

Call on the flop... honestly, that never even occurred to me, but it's not a bad line I guess.

Getting all my chips in with TPTK against an UTG raiser was not something I was looking to do. Online I would not have even bet the turn, but there I had a read and felt that I was ahead, thus the bet. Also, betting 100 into 160 pot, he's getting 1:2.6 on his call, which I think prices out any drawing hands on the turn.

Pushing the turn is horrible - he folds everything I beat and calls with everything I don't. He is not laying down AA/KK there. Probably calls with QQ, as well.

Here is something that has not been mentioned at all: what range of hands do you put the Villain on after the turn check-call? That is really the million (or, rather, the 300) dollar question.

Kirk