Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: 2 interesting hands where i mix it up...

Your analysis of the first hand was very good and i definitly give it weight. I don't understand your comment about the second hand though?

Other than your response the the first hand, can you point to one post that had any analysis about pro
s and cons, hand ranges, etc... in this thread?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:08 PM

whoa i didn't realize it was so cryptic. translation of a little bit of subtlety: you never wrote what cards you had in the second hand.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 is very ballsy if you haven't yet looked at your cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO
Old 09-06-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PLAYING WITHOUT READS IS DUMB

[/ QUOTE ]seriously, you give no read... this [censored] is just random. what do you think these guys have? why did you choose these bet sizes? did you have outs in hand 2 (didnt really have any in hand 1)?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:37 PM

Lol sorry, we can put the dunce cap on me. I had QQ in hand 2.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:46 PM

I don't know what the effective stack was in hand #2, but I'll assume it was 100-150 blinds.

I think both of these are pretty bad. I don't think they accomplish what you want (getting a better hand to fold) nearly often enough for them to be correct. And it's highly unlikely you get called by a worse hand in either case.

Huge chip-burners, IMO.

The Bear
Old 09-06-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really haven't got much out of posting these yet. I was hoping that for some more analysis of what you NL vets think about what hand range i represent and what range my opponents have in these situations. When i got min-raised in the KQ hand, it seemed like s decent ace was his most likely holding. By raising little enough to make it appear i was very strong, and leaving enough to make a pot sized shove on the turn, i think i make him fold a lot of hands that beat me yes?

As for the QQ hand, again, it's tricky. That's why i posted it. I've VASTLY underrepresented my hand, there is no way he can have me on TT or better. I don't know what his 3 betting standards are, but you guys dont think JJ gets 3 bet with that preflop action 4 handed? Hopefully i will get a little more insight into these issues.

Gabe

[/ QUOTE ]

Trapping with QQ is not a great idea in general. Trap with AA/KK, blast it preflop and on the flop with QQ.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:36 PM

Often times people give the under the gun raiser respect for a hand. However, I agree with those that said you're just aksing to be called by the better hand. I think, unless the game is very passive, in the long run it's going to cost money coming in with KQ UTG. I'm already suspicious about the CO just calling the raise pre-flop. He may very well be doing that with AQ in that situation.
I'm not a big fan of letting guys in cheaply with my big hands. Especially queens. Don't get me wrong, I love ladies, and queens is a great starting hand, but they're susceptible to aces and kings. At the lower limits, too many idiots play ace-rag. Should an ace have come on the flop or turn, you can't even call a raise at this point. gotta get the freaks out early with those hands. I am interested in what the others say about the four coming on the turn, it completes a couple of straights.