Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-16-2005, 01:17 PM

Default 3 handed AQ

SB has been 3betting me lightly, BB has been capping lightly (saw him cap with A8 in this situation). BB is bad postflop but is a TAG overall.

Anyone like a river bet?

Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $75/$150 Stakes (3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises, Small blind raises, Big blind raises, Hero calls, Small blind calls

Flop: (13.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Big blind bets, Hero calls, Small blind calls

Turn: (8.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Big blind bets, Hero raises, Small blind folds, Big blind calls

River: (12.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $1723
Old 12-16-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: 3 handed AQ

On the flop noone is folding and raising just gets more action from an overpair or A5. Turn is very scary. You are hoping noone has the king and both fold or call with a weaker ace. Easy fold to a reraise.
I certainly dont think you can bet the river, I expect you get to see a PP like TT-QQ here a lot.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:48 PM

I like it. I don't think there is all that much value in a river bet, because I think BB has PPs, or a weak king more often than A high.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like a river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

A river bet would be awful.

This looks like a good spot to raise the flop. Chance you have the best hand+Outs+Chance to fold a 6(tainted of course)-outer from SB.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This looks like a good spot to raise the flop. Chance you have the best hand+Outs+Chance to fold a 6(tainted of course)-outer from SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. This is especially true because I have an easy turn bet if I'm called in one spot and an easy turn check if I'm calling in two spots.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. This is especially true because I have an easy turn bet if I'm called in one spot and an easy turn check if I'm calling in two spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think you ever get BB to fold a PP to the turn raise when an overcard falls?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think you ever get BB to fold a PP to the turn raise when an overcard falls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. People don't fold 3 handed. Especially bad players.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. People don't fold 3 handed. Especially bad players.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, raising the flop is probably better. It is cheaper for us when we are behind, and we take away SB's equity quicker. If you did think BB could fold a PP on the turn, I would wait till then though.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:13 PM

I like the turn raise, but i probably dont raise turn as Id hate folding to a re-raise here, your gutshot and ace dont give u the nuts but whatever.

Flop raise is okay. Might be partially for value, sb might fold a tainted hand (be nice if its the ace so it frees your gutter outs), if sb folds Id expect to get 3bet a decent amount, if they both call then check turn. I agree w/ spicy if u can get a pair to fold then raise turn, the only reason I dislike the turn raise is I hate folding a hand with potential to have a decent amount of outs here.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:29 PM

i'm not sure if i like the turn raise. people on absolute don't fold.

EDIT: misread the action. i like the turn raise. you're ahead of BB pretty often and you want the SB out. folding to a 3-bet is pretty easy.