Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 03:03 PM

Default KJ o standard fold on button?

1-2 PP loose table obviously, 5 limpers, is this an obvious fold with KJ o?

also wondering if there are no limpers, fold or raise? one or the other but not call i suppose.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Re: KJ o standard fold on button?

Eh, I might limp it. How do your opponents play post-flop? Are they passive pre-flop, ie. are you already dominated? I don't think you are missing out on lots of action folding it, but I'm not a huge fan of raising it either, so muck or limp for me. But I'm gimpy.

If you are opening from the button, raise. If you fold it, doesn't matter, but I think I'd raise here, especially if the blinds are weak.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:08 PM

certainly if there are no limpers i would raise. Calling with the 5 limpers i think is OK but is kinda borderline- it depends on how well your opponents play.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:12 PM

Come on guys, you cant be serious.

Obvious call, obvious raise
Old 09-21-2004, 03:18 PM

obvious call? could be dominated by some weak player who does not raise KQ, maybe even AK. i have been folding this but thanks for your input, do you have data on your ev from button with kJ? i owuld be very interested to see it.

B9
Old 09-21-2004, 03:25 PM

I think limping, following the limpfest in front of you is fine, because you will be able to raise any favorable flop and exit cheaply. With 7-8 players to the flop, many worse hands would be profitable providing the post-flop conditions/play are right.

The problem is, of course, that almost any one pair hand you hit is right in the zone.

As for the latter case, I'm sorry for equivocating. KJo is an auto-steal. If the blinds are weak, you get their money. If they are loose, you get extra money in while you are ahead.
If they are tight and aggressive, well, see what the flop brings and find a new table.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:41 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I call with worse on the button/LP with 5 limpers.

No limpers, i'd raise. You need the nuts to steal? If the blinds were passive and likely to call anything, i may just smooth it in and play the flop. But even then, i'd probably still raise it.

b
Old 09-21-2004, 03:45 PM

Your pot equity is probably high enough to raise. Plus you take control of the hand. This is a loose table, there are probably a lot of worse hands than yours already in the pot. If the flop misses you, check fold. If it hits play aggressive until someone plays back at you. This is why you wait for position.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on guys, you cant be serious.

Obvious call, obvious raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! I laughed when i read the post,then was shocked by some of the responces [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Why the hell would you fold after 5 LOOSE limpers,they could have garbage,if they were rocks i might begin to consider folding
Old 09-21-2004, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obvious call? could be dominated by some weak player who does not raise KQ, maybe even AK. i have been folding this but thanks for your input, do you have data on your ev from button with kJ? i owuld be very interested to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are you fearing AK and KQ,if they are loose they probably have worse hands than yours,and with 5 in front you are getting good pot odds,
Want do you want? AA every time?