Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2004, 03:10 PM

Default SLC Updates: Why I\'m not using the Suicide Climb rules

[ QUOTE ]
I kind of cheated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheated, shmeated- go for it however you want to. (But when we engrave your name on the OFFICIAL SLC Trophy it will have an asterisk [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Actually, what originally got me interested in reading/posting on 2+2 was the unofficial OIC that happened right before the one you described at TGC. Just like that original OIC based on LHE, I was actually going to do this as a "suicide/one-way-up ladder run"- once you hit 5x buy in you'd go up to the next level, and you'd never go down a rung. You'd just play each level until you're too broke, too nervous, or you make it to the next rung.

However, my memory of my OIC run is bitterweet- a glorious, dizzying headlong rush from $20 at $0.50-$1.00 straight up to the $15-$30 level, peaking at $1200+, followed by the big, bad Crash & Burn (aka returning to the mean and/or inevitable justice) bringing me all the way down to El Zippo in a few short hours. That's why I put in the Automatic Ladder Step-Down in the SLC when you go below 5 buy-ins... to save me from me.

If I make it all the way up to $200s this time, I'll bring in the Carnies to remove the safety gear and try it again without a net and try it that way too.

[ QUOTE ]

And for those saying the ROR is too high, not enough bankroll, etc. This is in the spirit of the OIC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, mon!
(Even Damon-Rounders-wannabes know sometimes you can't always take the safe play.)