Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:42 AM

Default KK w/ 2 Aces on Flop

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero?

I am wondering about my play on every street besides PF.

Villain is 24/5/.70 over about 50 hands

Do you bet this flop?

When the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes of do you check? Do you bet the turn to hopefully get to a cheap showdown?

The Q on the river doesn't scare me, but should we just check it through and hope we win.

With a more aggressive player I probably would have heard from an Ace, but this guy is SO passive that I can't tell.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: KK w/ 2 Aces on Flop

Who's the villain? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you miss this river bet, you lose all that money you would have won if BB is just calling down because he didn't believe you (or for whatever fishy reason). Given the action, I don't think it's likely enough that you're beat not to bet.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:59 AM

The turn bet is good. They could easily be calling down with PP or high cards, not believing you have trips. You have few outs and can fold to a raise against a player so passive, so you shouldn't worry about that.

I would bet the river.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's the villain? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The big blind
Old 11-01-2005, 02:57 AM

River: Check. Most of the time if you bet, he's either going to fold or checkraise you. He might even have a weak Ace and be afraid of a better one or he might fear the flush. He's passive, so check.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:07 AM

I don't know that I am leading out on the flop with this one. MP3 called two cold preflop, what hands do we think he has? What is his play tendancies? If he's loose then maybe I bet out.
I agree that you would prolly hear back from an Ace, but I don't think we are ahead enough to bet out on the river here. I check and be glad I got what i did from BB.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:15 AM

This is a good turn bet. You're in a spot where, if you're behind, you have only two outs. Checking to preserve them isn't worth much to you. I'd bet/fold. Give yourself K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and checking looks more attractive.

Against villain with those stats (and no additional real read) I don't think he's calling that river often enough w/ something we beat.