Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Confusion at final 2 tables

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have folded.

Conditional probability suggests that for you to post this hand here either you ran into aces behind you or someone donked in behind you and beat you. It happens. If this was the type of hand you wouldn't post then of course you should push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so you know. He could also have posted it because he folded, and didn't get a better hand and got knocked out soon thereafter.

[/ QUOTE ]

And just so YOU know, he was entirely kidding, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Confusion at final 2 tables RESULTS

if anyone cares to know...
i did push because of my stack compared to the blinds, unfortunatly i ran into KK and lost. my friend said i played this way wrong and i should have limp/folded to a raise.... i felt i made the right play, just too bad i ran into a monster. BUT, supposed my stack was 60k with the blinds at 3k/6k, whats my move here UTG with AQsuited???
Old 10-30-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i did push because of my stack compared to the blinds, unfortunatly i ran into KK and lost. my friend said i played this way wrong and i should have limp/folded to a raise.... i felt i made the right play, just too bad i ran into a monster. BUT, supposed my stack was 60k with the blinds at 3k/6k, whats my move here UTG with AQsuited???

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to your friend, but he is an idiot. Against tough players (or even donks like me) a limp makes me want to shove from LP or the blinds with any reasonable holding.

For exampl, eif I'm in the BB, and there is a limp and a completion, and I'm holding AT? All-in baby. Same situation, but you push? Turbo-fold. Also, the last thing you want to do is give the BB a free flop, which will usually miss you. Flop comes T72, and he pushes. You've just given away a good chunk of your stack, and are about to eat the blinds.

With t60k, I probably still push, but it would also depend in table dynamics, stack sizes, etc.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to your friend, but he is an idiot.