Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Help with Poker Chip Labels for Husband

Hi, I'm a new member to this forumn but I need some immediate help buying some labels for the poker chips I purchased at Costco. These chips are for my husband's birthday coming up in two weeks. He plays lots of poker, and I know he would love a personalized set of chips. I bought a 500 poker chips set. I think they are 11.5g clay composite.

Will the 1" labels fit these chips ? I purchase the set for $50, and I want to spend only $25 for the labels. This would include shipping. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Help with Poker Chip Labels for Husband

Go to Search at the top and click it

Select the Home Games forum

In the Keyword Search Terms, type in: "labels" and choose the last few weeks.

That will point you to some label makers. Look for ones who have more than 5 posts on this forum.

As to your questions- I think, but am not sure, that the 1" labels will fit. You'll need 1000 labels, so you might be able to get your price limit. Not sure if you can get them in a week or so, since you have to design and approve them.

Check with Cinq (I forget his alias, it's something like that) for one- you should hit some of his posts and labels in your search
Old 05-18-2005, 07:53 AM

I usually get $35 for 1000 labels but if you are looking to spend less I would start here on ebay http://search.ebay.com/poker-chip-la...fkrZ1QQfromZR8 there are others that get less than that, I cant vouch for any of them but.........
Old 05-18-2005, 09:23 AM

btw what in the world is costco? I hear alot of people say they buy chips from them, is it like a Walmart or something?
Old 05-18-2005, 10:13 AM

THERE you are! I wasn't really close on the alias, my bad.

Costco is a Sam's Club competitor, as is BJ's Warehouse. Same concept for all three.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:22 AM

Costco is a club store like Sam's club. They are similar to Walmart and Target except they sell stuff in bulk and you need membership to go in. As for the labels, since I can't get the labels by his birthday, I will give him the chips first, and purchase the labels later. I followed your links to Ebay. I'm gonna try to win one of the auction. Has anyone purchased labels from this seller ?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZslamdunk73

I measured the inner circle of my chips, seems to be slightly less than 1". This seller offer a 15/16". Thanks for all your help.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:59 AM

Dont know him but I know he has been around for a quite a while on ebay so you shouldnt have any issues with his stuff.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:31 PM

I vote for Jason i.e. Cin0s3

Here's some info... though there is plenty on this site so try the search selecting the home poker forum etc...

Labeled dice chips & Label info
Old 06-02-2005, 04:58 PM

Update on my hunt for the labels for my husband:

Since my budget was $25 for the labels, I tried to auction the labels on Ebay. Unfortunately, I did not win the auction. Luckily, the guy who had the auction also sell the labels directly. He was selling them for $20 with $4.50 S/H. Two reason why I choose them:

1) They offer 15/16" labels. When I measure the center dashed on my chip, it seems that 15/16" fit better than 1". I don't have to fold them over the edge.

2) The price is right. Since it cost us $50 for the chips, it didn't make sense to pay more than $25 for labels.

I choose the "Deal Me In" design here:
http://members.cox.net/slamdunk73/labels/page5.html

Process was easy, I just fillout the form. They email me with the total cost, $24.50. I paypal them the money. I got an email with the design with the denominations I wanted. I approved and they shipped the labels.

We received our labels in 3 days. Took me around 2 1/2 hours to put them on the chips. I gave them to my husband during the memorial day weekend and he loved them. So far, all of our friends rave about them. Make them look so professional. This guy Andy (aka slamdunk) did a great job for the right price.

Thanks everyone for your feedbacks. I really appreciated.