Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Huge River Overbet from a total rock

In the hand I actually had AK, and not 9s7s.

I instacalled the $80 on the river and tabled my hand immediately since it was pretty obvious it was good.

But on the drive home I got to thinking: if he can beat AK basically never here, why do I not raise. I know the arguments against it, he won't call with a worse hand or fold a better one. But what if I can force him to make some kind of heroic call with an ace? The responses in this thread make it seem like a lot of you would interpret this as a bluff, so maybe some of you would man up and call with AQ/AJ (which seem like pretty reasonable holdings for villain).

I pretty much would never raise here without a huge hand, and I think that's something that I need to fix since it would also give my bluffs a little more credibility. At least in this case since I have a pretty firm grasp on his range of hands.

Villain said he had KK and cursed himself for not betting the flop. But I think he had to be lying since the $80 river bet is pretty much atrocious with KK (as would have been his play pretty much every street after the flop).