Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Re: State sponsored suicide bombings by children

Chris I have posted before that about 10% of PA schools even go so far as to host school plays where the young children play the roles of either martyrs or of those carrying the martyrs' corpses, and that such plays frequently glorify martyrdom. In these plays 'martyrs' refer specifically to suicide bombers.

This I read many months ago, but I no doubt you that would doubt that too. I'll search the web for it briefly but I've got better things to do really.

It's amazing to me that you always act like a lawyer, questioning and demanding evidence of everything, even those things you already know are true (not that you necessarily know this is true). Obviously you have an agenda other than to simply discuss the reality of the situation.

Also obviously you must know of other more inciteful, jihadist-type quotes of Arafat than the one you provided from Oslo. Why don't you provide those quotes too, then?

Your encyclopedic memorization of Middle Eastern affairs must surely have discovered many unflattering things regarding those whose side you take but you are very one-sided in the selections you provide. Your method of debate reeks of intellectual dishonesty and a lawyer's approach rather than a genuine attempt to discover and discuss the truth. If I were you I might consider whether or not I should be ashamed, regardless of however heartily you might believe in your cause. Others such as myself who do not have your notes or background are forced to look things up while ypou have everything filed, apparently. Yet you choose to provide only one side of the story.

For instance you must know DAMN WELL of other much more damning Arafat quotes yet you give only his most acceptable quote and you do it apparently with wide-eyed innocence. Disgusting if you ask me.

In a way you remind me of some craven district attorneys who do not share knowledge with the defense team which would hurt their case, in direct contravention of their duty to find and make known the truth.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:38 PM

Default Re: You know more, therefore you\'re wrong

This is good:

"Your [search for knowledge] must [have uncovered] many unflattering things regarding those whose side you take but [since] you are very one-sided, ... your method of debate reeks of intellectual dishonesty...."

Did I paraphrase correctly? My allegedly greater knowledge makes me less honest, because you just know, you know! there are facts out there, somewhere, that undercut my argument. My failure to prove the argument you merely presume renders my argument less tenable, and indeed ought to make me "ashamed."

This thread is about state-sponsored suicide bombings by children. As I have repeatedly complained, you and other apologists for Israel constantly seek to equate the Islamic glorification of martyrdom with suicide bombing and the Palestinian objections to a Jewish state as a desire to commit genocide. I'm obviously trying to make the distinction, and all you can do is say the same thing, over and over again. Now, for example, you're trying to turn unspecified "jihadist-type" statements by Arafat into some kind of endorsement of terror or genocide.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:51 PM

Default Re: You know more, therefore you\'re wrong

No Chris, I'm not sayng you should be trying to prove the other side of the coin. Just a little less obviously preferential selection from your vast database of facts would be nice...and more genuine.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:57 PM

Default Re: \"Arab snots\"

"the hate propaganda that the Arab snots learn in school"

Once again showing that it's probably impossible to use reason and civility to reach those so twisted they can't even competently disguise their racism.

But kudos to Nicky for trying.

Old 09-18-2003, 07:00 PM

It's accurate to say the Israel helped Hamas before it becamse political and pro-terror (cynically, of course: Israel favored an Islamisist alternative to the mostly secular, and therefore more attractive to the west, PLO). But Israel didn't help "found" Hamas.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:09 PM

Thank you Chris for using your knowledge (regarding the background of Hamas) in a fair and balanced(;-)) manner here, to inform rather than to take sides. Seriously I mean this, and I hope I expressed this well enough.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:16 PM

Suicide bombs require maybe $250 worth of household ingredients (when the IDF says they've discovered "grocery lists" for bombs, they probably mean it). A hundred such bombs a year would require 100 bombers and $25,000. Tight money and more troops therefore won't prevent anything.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:31 PM

Default That\'s Why A Fence

CA: "Suicide bombs require maybe $250 worth of household ingredients (when the IDF says they've discovered "grocery lists" for bombs, they probably mean it). A hundred such bombs a year would require 100 bombers and $25,000. Tight money and more troops therefore won't prevent anything."

Another Fence however would prevent suicide bombing in Israel.

The Gaza Fence has worked with 100% success: zero suicide bombers have crossed out of Gaza into Israel since that fence was erected (unless numbers have changed in the couple weeks or so since I read that figure).

So maybe more troops and cutting off funding can't stop suicide bombers, but a fence and troops sure can.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Meanwhile, among the other sneetches ....

While you're busy blowing the bigotry whistle on what Bruce calls the "Arab snots," consider Isreal's fine record: Israeli Textbooks and Children’s Literature Promote Racism and Hatred Toward Palestinians and Arabs.

Excerpt: "Cohen’s book is a study of the nature of children’s upbringing in Israel, concentrating on how the historical establishment sees and portrays Arab Palestinians as well as how Jewish Israeli children perceive Palestinians. One section of the book was based on the results of a survey taken of a group of 4th to 6th grade Jewish students at a school in Haifa. The pupils were asked five questions about their attitude toward Arabs, how they recognize them and how they relate to them. The results were as shocking as they were disturbing:

Seventy five percent of the children described the “Arab” as a murderer, one who kidnaps children, a criminal and a terrorist.

Eighty percent said they saw the Arab as someone dirty with a terrifying face. Ninety percent of the students stated they believe that Palestinians have no rights whatsoever to the land in Israel or Palestine Cohen also researched 1,700 Israeli children’s books published after 1967. He found that 520 of the books contained humiliating, negative descriptions of Palestinians. He also took pains to break down the descriptions:

Sixty six percent of the 520 books refer to Arabs as violent; 52 percent as evil; 37 percent as liars; 31 percent as greedy; 28 percent as two-faced; 27 percent as traitors, etc.

Cohen points out that the authors of these children’s books effectively instill hatred toward Arabs by means of stripping them of their human nature and classifying them in another category. In a sampling of 86 books, Cohen counted the following descriptions used to dehumanize Arabs: Murderer was used 21 times; snake, 6 times; dirty, 9 times; vicious animal, 17 times; bloodthirsty, 21 times; warmonger, 17 times; killer, 13 times; believer in myths, 9 times; and a camel’s hump, 2 times."

"Camel's hump?"
Old 09-18-2003, 07:59 PM

Default Re: That\'s Why A Fence

"Israeli security sources believe that the man who blew himself up Tuesday night at a snooker club in the Israeli town of Rishon Le Zion was a member of the militant movement Hamas and came from Gaza."
LA Times, 5/10/2

The two Brits that came to Israel to blow themselves up also received their bombs in Gaza. The suicide bombings tend to follow particular acts of Israeli violence, usually assasinations. You're ignoring the possibility that they don't come from Gaza because they don't have to.