Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Where do I find reasonable variance info for 25c/50c?

I'm trying to decide if I made the correct decision in moving up limits... I was doing very well over a lot of hands on my last limit, but now that I moved up to 25c/50c I am not so sure... I can do down $20-30 in 10 minutes sometimes at 1 or 2 tables...

I know that 150BB is considered reasonable for a bankroll to protect, so maybe I am just worrying.

Here are my current stats on 25c/50c, even though the handle sample is probably too small to mean ANYTHING:

I did a forum search, can anyone link me to a good thread about worrying when you move up limits [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Where do I find reasonable variance info for 25c/50c?

why did you 'skip' .10/.20 ?
Old 11-03-2005, 02:33 PM

The last section of this thread probably has what you're looking for. You can get your personal SD/100 hands in PT from the Session Notes tab, and clicking on the More Detail button.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:51 PM

I play at Pokerstars nad Absolute, I was under the impression that .10/.20 would be a challenge to beat the rake at that limit and it would be more logical to go to 25c/50c... Maybe that's my problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 04:03 PM

For me your VPIP is very high. I started beating these limits when I got mine down to about 19%. On the losers I was chasing draws and compounding my loss. Is it possible this is happening to you?

Greg
Old 11-03-2005, 05:56 PM

Just a guess, but your won-at-showdown % looks grievously low at .25/.50. Are you getting stuck playing bottom pai or TPTK to a likely straight, etc. all the way to the river?

That's less than ideal no matter what the stakes. But at the tiniest limits you can get away with it to some extent because post-flop betting is timid -- and because there are enough people sticking around in the pot that if you do hit your 3-outer on the river, you'll get paid lots for your trouble.

As you move up, you'll be H/U by the turn far more often. Now you're in raise-or-fold territory. Calling down to the river with a middling hand when the other guy is betting is a good way to lose chips.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:32 AM

Riverdood, you might be right.. Now that you mention it I think I am picking up on some bad habits...

Well, thanks for the help guys, back to the drawing boards...Well, I will probably stick it out at 25c/50c since I can manage the bankroll and I'm not doing THAT bad overall... The picture I posted is after a big downswing.