Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: New to smoking, a few q\'s

Right. When I first started smoking I sure as hell wasn't smoking a pack a day like I am now. It was more like a pack a week.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I just learned how to smoke ( 21 years old ).

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, who the hell starts smoking at 21? I thought it was something you either start when your 12-14 i.e. under the legal age, or you become completely against smoking for the rest of your life and only do it when you're very drunk. What prompted you to start at 21?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:03 PM

stop smoking now and never ever smoke another cigarette

i am serious

edit: i didnt start by smoking a pack+ a day
Old 09-20-2005, 09:04 PM

Amen to that.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I just learned how to smoke (21 years old). I absolutely LOVE the buzz I get from smoking, but I hear that if you smoke too often you lose the buzz (and will get addicted to smoking). I have no intention of getting addicted; I'm pretty sure I can control myself. What frequency can I smoke and still expect to get a buzz everytime I smoke?

If it was only 1 cigarette per week, I'd be fine with that. But the last thing I want to do is get addicted and/or lose the buzz I get from smoking. Also, what brands do you guys like for casual smoking? I've only tried marlbro red medium 100s (or something like that) and some sort of Swisher Sweets.

Also, let's say I actually stick to only smoking once every other day or something, how unhealthy is this for me?

[/ QUOTE ]
i have no idea why everyone's jumping on you for this post. i was a social smoker thruout college, smoked a clove on the night i graduated, and haven't had a single puff in the years since. like you, i enjoyed the buzz i got from cigarettes: it was better than any buzz i ever had from drinking, the buzz hit me faster than drinking, and it was cheaper since i almost always just bummed a smoke from smoker friends (i have bought one pack of cigarettes in my lifetime). as for frequency, it was sporadic; sometimes i'd go weeks without a smoke, and at other stretches i'd smoke prob'ly half-a-pack or more a week if i went out to bars 2 or 3 nights that week; i never lost the buzz. i knew many other ppl who were also casual/social smokers, and at least in my case, i had no trouble whatsoever stopping.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i am serious

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of silly. It's like saying crack addicts didn't start with crack, they started with alcohol and weed. Yeah, that's true, but not everyone who starts with alcohol and weed is destined to follow that progression.

Do you really mean to say that even if you had been determined when you started to never ever smoke more than say 5 cigarettes a week, you could not have resisted the pull of nicotine that has turned you into a pack a day smoker?
Old 09-20-2005, 11:06 PM

I have smoked since I was 5 years old.

Up to 2 packs a day now.

Quit while you can,Idiot. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i am serious

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of silly. It's like saying crack addicts didn't start with crack, they started with alcohol and weed. Yeah, that's true, but not everyone who starts with alcohol and weed is destined to follow that progression.

Do you really mean to say that even if you had been determined when you started to never ever smoke more than say 5 cigarettes a week, you could not have resisted the pull of nicotine that has turned you into a pack a day smoker?

[/ QUOTE ]

its a very stupid idea to start smoking with the goal of only smoking a few a week, you will start wanting more once you stop getting the buzz
Old 09-20-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its a very stupid idea to start smoking with the goal of only smoking a few a week, you will start wanting more once you stop getting the buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Simply desiring the buzz does not automatically compell you to up your smoking, does it?
Old 09-20-2005, 11:52 PM

uh...wtf.. how about u just don't smoke? Smoking is gay. 'buzzes' are gay. and even if u think u can pull off casual smoking, why risk getting addicted?