Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Should I push on a flop like this ?

.10/.25 NL

Hero has $19

Hero has 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in BB

flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I ended up dropping nearly half my stack drawing to it even though I got good odds.

When I saw that their hands were A 8 o and K 8o . I probably would have been able to take the pot down on the flop.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Should I push on a flop like this ?

you don't want to put alot of money in a hand like this. You could very well be drawing dead to a larger flush
Old 02-27-2005, 10:47 PM

wtf???

um you most definitely want to push this often, unless there has been significant action to you... if it's pretty much bet a little, call... if you think you have even a little fold equity i would go for it. obviously you could be drawing dead but if you have no reason to think you are then i would definitely try to get my money in by the turn or so. i would do it with 25% fold equity - also it depends on whether they will pay you off when you hit. the smaller the fold equity and the higher the implied odds once you hit, the better it makes a call rather than a push... but as fold equity goes up and implied odds down, lean towards pushing.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't want to put alot of money in a hand like this. You could very well be drawing dead to a larger flush

[/ QUOTE ]

This is flat out wrong

Pushing the flop is fine.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:31 PM

I'd push, depending on my mood. Calling is probably ok, if you're getting decent odds, and you believe you'll get paid off once you make your hand. (The straight would probably pay you off better, I'm thinking.)

Yeah, go ahead and push it... one of the fringe benefits is that if you get a caller, you can show your hand down. Flipping your hand might just get you some more action when you actually flop a monster.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:45 PM

ok, thanks. I think that pushing here actually improves my win % here. I think they both would have folded.

Question 2:

3rd hand at the table. I get A K o in SB

Nearly everyone folds but LP . I raise to $2 (.25/.50) . BB who only has $9 goes all-in . Hero has $50. LP decides to call which was astonishing but these tables aren't known for brilliant minds. Should I call this ?
I called and a jack hit. I bet 3.50 and LP minimum raised me. I called since the pot was about $35 now. Turn was no help and I folded. LP shows K J o .
Old 02-27-2005, 11:51 PM

If you think you can fold the LP, you might want to move in pre-flop. With AK, I'd rather be heads-up against a small-stack moving in. I don't think I'd want to just be calling 20% of my stack off before the flop without a big pair.

The other thing is, if you move in and LP folds, your AK has great pot odds against every hand but AA and KK.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:14 AM

I think LP would have called. He was crazy. LP had about $30 at that point. I would have lost about $10 more than I did. I don't know, maybe he would have folded. LP won that hand taking him to $75 but then he eventually lost it all in the next 30 minutes playing stupid. Actually he lost $40 of it 5 hands later
Old 02-28-2005, 12:47 AM

I just don't see it. not only areyou drawing to a tiny flush butyou are also drawing to the ignorant end of a straight. I would proceed with great caution.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are also drawing to the ignorant end of a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Honor, I move to strike this comment from the record.