Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Hands for comment

Hand #1-- $33-- CO+1 with ATo on level 4 with a stack of 1090. Push/fold? Stacks behind me are between 800-1000.

Hand #2--$55--SB with QTs on level 5 and on the bubble. All stacks are equal. Push/fold?

Hand #3--$55-UTG with A6o and stack of 1600 on level 5 and on bubble. No real large stacks. I should add that I have stolen a couple of times in the past 6 or so hands.

Please let me know if there is any pertinent information that I left out.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Hands for comment

You could have told us what the blinds are.

If the blinds are small then neither hand #1 or #2 are pushes.

Hand #3 may be a steal.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Hands for comment

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1-- $33-- CO+1 with ATo on level 4 with a stack of 1090. Push/fold? Stacks behind me are between 800-1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're only at level 4 here, so the blinds aren't material enough yet. I'm assuming no limpers and you're only looking at the blinds. I would not push here, though I would probably make a sizeable raise, depending on the play button, SB, and BB have shown through the first 3 rounds/levels.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #2--$55--SB with QTs on level 5 and on the bubble. All stacks are equal. Push/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Need more information. Without knowing if there are limpers and the play of the BB it's difficult to answer this one. There are times I'd make a play like this, if the table is really tight as it's bubble time or the BB has shown terrible play and everyone's mucked.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #3--$55-UTG with A6o and stack of 1600 on level 5 and on bubble. No real large stacks. I should add that I have stolen a couple of times in the past 6 or so hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG with A-6o, level 5, and on the bubble... I wouldn't push with this. Your position is obviously terrible and you've taken the blinds a couple of times in the last 6 hands or so. If some late player is sitting on a premium hand waiting for you to go aggro on him, you could easily bust out in 4th (which majorly sucks!).