Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: a strong raise against a strong hand

talcum-is the concept of this forum to list a hand you have questions about so you can improve your play or to be cricti zied on a minor point? i realize i mispoke about the nuts, that was stupid , but the question was really how to play that kind of hand, the nuts about it was really a minor point.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:22 PM

unarmed- very good point, that makes alot of snse. tx
Old 03-07-2005, 04:52 PM

If we have a good hand like A K with an ace hitting on the flop, do we really want A Q or A J, getting a chance to call and beat us out?

I have been (perhaps incorrectly) making a pot + sized bet when I feel I am ahead in this situation.

I want to end the business right there.

You know, upon further reflection, I may have had it wrong.

Now that I think about it.......

You want him to pay an incorrect price, but you DO want him to call looking for that elusive set or pairing his kicker.

But now the problem is when he DOES hit his 2 or 3 outer, what is the best way to avoid losing a pile therefore making it worth it after all for him to make that call?

????????????????

My head is now confused. Probably why I lost a bundle this last weekend to the sharks who now inhabit the $100 Party tables.

Help......
Old 03-07-2005, 05:08 PM

Tony,that is also the way I thought you played a hand like this. it's a very good hand so you want to value bet it, and you also want to protect it at the same time. But then someone comes over the top of you and re-raises all in, it gives you a very difficult decision because at least to me it is a very difficult hand to throw away.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:40 PM

Sorry, i didn't mean to offend. I did respond to the hand but you replied again about drawing to the nuts which led me to believe you didn't understand this.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:57 PM

That's cool talcum. Sorry if i over reacted. thanks for the feed back. as it turned out he did have a set.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But now the problem is when he DOES hit his 2 or 3 outer, what is the best way to avoid losing a pile therefore making it worth it after all for him to make that call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn to play poker? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I mean, just generally, if you get your whole stack in with top pair you've probably made a mistake.