Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 01:34 PM

Default I\'m going to Disneyworld! Tell me where to stay

Last week I started to think about taking the family on vacation since I was having a sick-good July at the tables. But I didn't want to jump the gun just yet since I didn't want a $3,000 dent in the bankroll. Then yesterday I took down 2nd place in the $55 rebuy on Stars to the tune of $3950 (Damn you, UHA Gambler...lucky fker! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

So anyway, I'd like to start planning a trip for the 3 of us (wife and 2 1/2 year-old daughter) to Disneyworld in Orlando.

So a few questions:

What is a good family-orientated hotel in Orlando to stay at? I don't necessarily want a hotel that is totaly swarming with kids. That would drive me friggin' nuts. Don't get me wrong. I love kids but a mass of them on vacation is -EV. I also don't want to stay somewhere that has no kids and no kids stuff either. I'd like something in between. I hope you get the idea. (btw..prices not important at the moment)

2. Parks: Magic Kingdom is a must (my daughter wants to see Mickey Mouse's castle). But what about Animal Kingdom? I'm not sure what it's like so would it be good for a 2 1/2 yr old? What other parks/attractions do you recommend?

3. Anything else you can think of.

Thanks!
HEK
Old 07-27-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: I\'m going to Disneyworld! Tell me where to stay

Congrats. Disney World is a great vacation destination for little kids. I'd recommend looking at the Disney resorts, which make transportation between all of the parks so easy. Pricing varies according to accomodations, so you should be able to find something that suits your needs. Just check out the Disney World website for info.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:06 PM

We stayed at this one the last time we went. It was very very nice.

Old Key West Resort
Old 07-27-2005, 02:11 PM

You'll be happy staying in any of the disney world hotels you can afford. It's right on the premises and makes for a great overall experience.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:09 PM

I just got back from Disneyworld and had a great time. The cheapest resorts to stay in are the All Star themed ones and the Pop Century. I have stayed there before and those are swarming with kids. Altogether though they are not that bad. Currently on the Disney site they have a vacation for 4 for 7 days starting at $1500. This is a pretty good deal.

This last time I stayed at the Saratoga Springs which was very nice. If you can't stand that many kids then I would advise you to stay in the moderate priced resorts such as the New Orleans themed one. There are a few others but I cannot recall their names.

As for theme parks, I do not believe a 2 year old would enjoy the animal kingdom. As it is mostly just wild animals and very few rides that are that enjoyable. Then again if your daughter likes animals then it could be enjoyable. MGM studios had mainly shows, a few which were pretty terrible. Epcot is a nice place to go but again it might be more enjoyable for someone older. The world showcase is nice but many of the rides such as Mission space and Soarin require you to be a certain height. Make sure you do however catch the fireworks at both Magic Kingdom and the Illuminations show in Epcot as they are really great.

You can also just get your tickets with the Park Hopper option which allows you to go from park to park. So if you go to Animal Kingdom and find it out it's not for your daughter, you can leave and go to Magic Kingdom in both in the same day. Also, remember to take advantage of FastPass when you are at any park. It is explained in the guidemap at every park. This will save you a crapload of time from standing in lines.

One last thing, if you stay in one of the Disneyworld resorts you not only get shuttle service to and from all the parks but you also get extra magic hours in certain parks. For example, on Friday's I believe Magic Kingdom is open until 2AM.

Have fun!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from Disneyworld and had a great time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were in S. Florida and didn't come see me? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 04:18 PM

I suggest going to Epcot and trying to have a drink in every country. See how far you can get.

Your daughter will likely only enjoy this for an hour and a half or so.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:22 PM

Neverland Ranch is right down the road...
Old 07-27-2005, 04:30 PM

Mickey's house

Cinderella's castle
Old 07-27-2005, 05:04 PM

Cinderella's castle looks too expensive and Mickey's house looks way too small for the 3 of us.