Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 03:19 PM

Default QJ from SB. Clueless

BTW, I just noticed that the post with the most replies on the first page of the microlimits is the one asking if poker is rigged. Surely 75% of the replies are people giving their best at a witty retort. I'm hoping I get 5 replies to this...

.5/1 at Party. Table just filled up recently and I haven't been using my PT and PV like a good boy so no reads. I was attempting a C/R on the flop. I whiffed. Anyone lead flop and/or bet turn?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 02-02-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: QJ from SB. Clueless

I think I'd play that hand the same way. It kinda sucks the flop didn't get bet, but what can you do. I would not bet out on the turn. I like to check and see how hairy it gets.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:51 PM

Flop - hero bets! Why not? Maybe the CO waiting for his flush or straight would have gone away? Maybe not, but you have to bet with top pair and an overcard.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was attempting a C/R on the flop. I whiffed. Anyone lead flop and/or bet turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like a trying a CR here because you have no indication that it will work. Had there been a PF raiser, by all means, or if you had a read that the button or LP bettor were aggressive then great - otherwise I think you just lead out here.

Definately lead the turn.

I call the river - not know where the hell I am, and feeling silly for letting all those free cards go by. If you got beat by a flush - it was going to happen anyway, but you let him draw to it for free, when many times you'll win and not have collected any bets.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 04:14 PM

Bet the flop
Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 PM

Location: Somewhere between the Cask n Flagon and Green Monster

preflop was too passive to go for check raise at these limits. Unless someone raises you on the flop, by all means, bet the turn.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:47 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I still don't know about betting the turn with 5 people left to act, especially if I've checked the flop. I'm sure I'm behind here way more often than I'm ahead. I'll work on betting out the flop in these situations too.

Anyways, I ended up winning the pot. I'm not sure what the other 3 people had but I think they may have had 2 high or something silly like that. Go Party Poker!