Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: PC-ness has replaced logic & reasoning.

[ QUOTE ]
12. Those who are most sensitive about "politically incorrect" terminology are not the average black ghetto-dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists, many of whom do not even belong to any "oppressed" group but come from privileged strata of society. Political correctness has its stronghold among university professors, who have secure employment with comfortable salaries, and the majority of whom are heterosexual, white males from middle-class families.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cleaned the windows (that is my business) at a liquor store today and had a 3 hour conversation with the black manager about this specific conversation. Obviously I don’t have the time to type 3 hours worth of conversation but it started like this...

Me: “Do you think black people are generally more athletically gifted?”
Him: “Yes”
Me “Why?”
Him: “Well, just look at the results, etc...”
Me: “No, I mean why are they more athletic”
Him: “I don’t know. Why do you ask?”
Me: “Because I was called a racist today for thinking that it might be because you’re decedents of Africans, and there is no harsher environment in the world to survive in.”
Him: “That’s not racist. It’s probably true. Hell, you guys were riding horses & [censored] while we were hunting on foot.”

I later told him about the specific “jungle” comment that my mother had said. He laughed his ass off and said she would probably have a problem on her hands if she said that in a room full of black people. He didn’t think it was “racist” because she had basically said the same thing that I had said (and he had agreed with). She just worded it more poorly.