Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Session Streakiness

I figured that spending a few hours today looking over my PokerTracker stats wouldn't hurt anyone, well hopefully it will hurt future opponents. I typically four-table the 100NL 6Max on Party, but in the last few weeks I have been 4Tabling the 200NL 6Max on Stars.

It seems that when it rains, it pours. Look at some of the sessions that I have had recently. Each group of tables are started at different times all at 6 Max, first is the number of tables that I played at in the session, next is the stakes, followed by the winning to losing table numbers:
3 Tables @ PTY 100 - 3 Winning Tables
4 Tables @ PTY 100 - 1 Winner 3 Losers
9 Tables @ STARS 200 - 6 Winners 3 Losers
6 Tables @ STARS 200 - 5 Winners 1 Loser
5 Tables @ STARS 200 - 4 Losers 1 Winner
5 Tables @ STARS 200 - 5 Winners
4 Tables @ PTY 100 - 4 Winners
5 Tables @ STARS 200 - 3 Winners 2 Losers
10 Tables @ STARS 200 - 6 Winners 4 Losers
4 Tables @ STARS 200 - 4 Losers
4 Tables @ STARS 200 - 4 Winners
4 Tables @ STARS 200 - 4 Losers

That has been the last few days, but looking over the last few weeks and months it follows the similar patterns. Has anyone seen similar results? I have a 50.34% session win rate at the PTY 100NL 6Max and a PTBB/100 win rate that is considered good for four-tabling. But streaky sessions like can't be fully blamed on variance. Obviously I'm winning more in the winning sessions than I'm losing in the losing sessions but I need to improve. Thoughts on this and why it is so streaky?