Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2004, 07:56 PM

Default A Small Piece of Practical Advice (fwiw)

I think it may not be a bad idea to list all your poker accounts with passwords as well as Neteller and bank accounts and other financial information (any life insurance etc.) in a safe place just in case of death or incapacity, and to give the location of the paper to a trusted friend or family member.

I know many young unattached people have no wills and some of us have significant money sitting in poker accounts. I believe some sites will claim the abandoned money after a period of inactivity.

Also, while I am on a soapbox-if you are self employed make sure you have decent health insurance!

Nothing bad happened to me that made me want to write this, just trying to offer some advice.

On a more pleasant note: Ashcroft resigned!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:19 PM

Default Re: A Small Piece of Practical Advice (fwiw)

i have all my passwords, accounts etc in a place where my family knows. i remember several years ago where i had not done that and it became clear to me one day that my family may NEVER find all the accounts, and i did not want them to have to dig anyway.

your advice is very sound LB
Old 11-09-2004, 08:20 PM

Default oh yeah..

On a more pleasant note: Ashcroft resigned!

yeee haw !

Old 11-09-2004, 09:28 PM

Default Re: oh yeah..

There's an assumption in there that we can only hope bears out. But, as me own wee granny was wont to say, "Be careful what you wish for." [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2004, 09:33 PM

i have of course thought of this. the prevailing wisdom is that bush is ready for an image change and i can't imagine him picking someone to the right.

let us pray
Old 11-09-2004, 09:39 PM

Yes, also don't forget identity theft insurance, a living trust and open a Roth IRA with all those poker winnings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JAque
Old 11-09-2004, 09:46 PM

Ashcroft was too polarizing. Bush really wants to push this Patriot Act 2. It will be easier with Ashcroft gone.

craig
Old 11-09-2004, 09:46 PM

But -- Never underestimate the power of the bureaucracy that a cabinet officer leaves behind. There are LOTS of second and third tier guys who are hungry and righteous who are looking to make a name for themselves. And if one of them should be ready, willing, and able to make a case, I don't see Bush or his new appointee telling them to back off. They may not make it a platform promise, but I don't see them running from it either should the possibility arise. But like you, I'm hoping for a "kinder, gentler" DOJ (with respect to Internet poker, among many other things.)
Old 11-10-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Except...

...with the Bush/Cheney neanderthal mentality they may
appoint someone more inept as his replacement
Old 11-10-2004, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it may not be a bad idea to list all your poker accounts with passwords as well as Neteller and bank accounts and other financial information (any life insurance etc.) in a safe place just in case of death or incapacity, and to give the location of the paper to a trusted friend or family member.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Idea: However, keeping this information in the proper format is also very important. Most people are not savvy with computers and internet accounts, therefore, this information needs to make sense to them.

If you need me to check your formatting, send me a copy of your list. I will make necessary corrections (and password changes) and send it back to you.