Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 05:49 AM

Default Party 2/4 QJs Hand

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

2nd orbit at the table. No reads yet but the table was definitely playing very loose. Usually in the early morning (EST), the tables are weak-tight but not today. Sorry if the hand is not too exciting.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero raises, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB 3-bets, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Anyone cap here?

Turn: (12.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, UTG+2 calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (18.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero...

BB's betting looks to me like 2 pair, a set, or pair+flush draw, and he's doesn't have a Q because of his turn action. So now the only thing I'm afraid of is 99 or TT going for a river check-raise. I had no read on this player so he could be tricky enough to do this, but I'm not too concerned.

I had a hard time putting UTG+2 on a hand because of his passive play. I thought he either backed into a full with KJ/KT/K9 or had a Q and didn't want it to get checked through.

I thought this was a pretty good time to only call. Comments appreciated.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Party 2/4 QJs Hand

I agree with your play, and analysis.

I dont see anything positive coming from a raise here.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Party 2/4 QJs Hand

Flop is fine.

I like calling on the river. The pot is huge and you might win as many bets when you ahead by calling because the BB will be tempted to overcall. If you raise and utg+2 has a big hand like KJ, you are going to get reraised.