Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Saturday Sexy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll call this with a CCer after the MP raise. MP's opening range is wide enough, and a CC on the button from an unknown is wide enough, that I think it makes up for the weakish hand and position here. If Button were really good I'd chuck it and wait for the next deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that this an easy call or a marginal one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably closer to marginal than easy. I'll want more than "aggressive, LAGtard tendencies" and a read on the button to push it to easy. At some tables it is easy, easy, easy. At other it is marginal. At some it is bad.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever liked one of your sexies.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll call this with a CCer after the MP raise. MP's opening range is wide enough, and a CC on the button from an unknown is wide enough, that I think it makes up for the weakish hand and position here. If Button were really good I'd chuck it and wait for the next deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that this an easy call or a marginal one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably closer to marginal than easy. I'll want more than "aggressive, LAGtard tendencies" and a read on the button to push it to easy. At some tables it is easy, easy, easy. At other it is marginal. At some it is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate a little on the table conditions you'd prefer? Does a read on the BB influence this decision?
Old 09-10-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is preflop standard here?

[/ QUOTE ]

you want to 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only been in SH play for a month now, so I am still adjusting preflop. But this hand seems weak, especially OOP. Villain's range is wide because of the numbers that Bob gave, but what about the Button?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was obviously joking about 3betting...and to be honest, i made a mistake as I thought we were BB. But id dont think it matters much because the extra half bet we have to pay being SB is sorta countered by the fact that BB will probably come along too. I still think its a pretty easy call.

edit-OK i misread again, i didnt notice the utg limper the 2nd time around. now im back to thinking its super easy. 4 way for sure, with most likely 5 way action, I think we have plenty of equity with a suited ace.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:48 PM

this guy wasn't even the PFR! He could have anything. This is horribly unsexy.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:50 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Is preflop standard here?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

we are suffering from opposite things. I'm trying to relearn how to play full and am failing to respect raises, and you're not realizing how light these people are raising.

think of it this way: the main reason we don't like to play weakish hands in full games is for fear of domination. much of the domination (though not in thsi hand) comes from paired hands

there are 13 paired hands, and 65 unpaired hands. there are 6 combos of pair ahnds and 16 of unpaired hands. when a person's range is expanded, you're adding much more unpaired hands than paired hands (granted more are suited), so in addition to adding more unpaired hands, you're adding more combinations for each unpaired hand compared to paired hands, so suddently your fear of holding 86s against an overpair is gone. also people raise with more K-high and Q-hgih hands so your aces are less dominated.

in addition to your equity being increased, the players tend to overplay their hands, so when you have nut makers, your implied odds are much better.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i was obviously joking about 3betting...and to be honest, i made a mistake as I thought we were BB. But id dont think it matters much because the extra half bet we have to pay being SB is sorta countered by the fact that BB will probably come along too. I still think its a pretty easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I agree it's an easy call from the BB. Part of what makes it a much easier decision there though is that we're closing the action and the .5 SB discount.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I agree it's an easy call from the BB. Part of what makes it a much easier decision there though is that we're closing the action and the .5 SB discount.

[/ QUOTE ]

how often is the BB gonna wake up and 3bet? maaaaybe 5%?
Old 09-10-2005, 07:54 PM

I think your winrate would be .5 BB/100 higher if you stopped checkraising all together.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit-OK i misread again, i didnt notice the utg limper the 2nd time around. now im back to thinking its super easy. 4 way for sure, with most likely 5 way action, I think we have plenty of equity with a suited ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. I missed him too.

One more question: would you make this call in a 1/3rd structure? Just trying to get a better feel for how close you think this is or isn't.