Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Don\'t be fooled!! The Rake is ......

I play 5-10 hold'em and recently looked at what I am paying in rakes per month and let me tell you, it is sickening what the house is charging to play poker!!!

I play about 6 hours a day, 5 days a week and last month spent over $2400.00 dollars to PartyPoker!!!!! Even with those stupid rake rebates of 27% off, I would have paid more than $1700. per month to play at a 5-10 table.

I am a good player, but now I see where most of my profits are going. They are absolute crooks!!!!

My mortgage isn't $2400.00 dollars.

Just curious if any of you have done the math and found out what you paid in rake fees last month??
Old 05-11-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Don\'t be fooled!! The Rake is ......

Look at how much money you made total playing $5/10 last month. Would you have made that money if the site didn't charge an assload of rake to let you play there? No.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:23 AM

Hahah I made almost that much in rakeback in a month dude....
Old 05-11-2005, 11:28 AM

If you made that much back in rakeback, what must you have paid in rakes???? Think about it! The highest rakeback programs pay 35%.

And as far as them providing a site for me to play, they are charging entirely more then they need to manage a poker table!!!

How can you think it is okay to pay $2400.00 to play poker??? Are you for real??? You think they need to charge that much to stay in business? They could reduce those fees and still make a fortune. They have 70,000 active players.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:32 AM

Party uses that rake to advertise and bring in new players for you to win money from. If they didn't collect the rake you would have to put together your own games which would cost you a lot of time and money.

I will probably pay more in rake this year than I earn from my full-time job. I don't mind paying rake so they can advertise and bring in new players (and make a profit).

They are not crooks, but we certainly should get a better deal since we are such high volume customers.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you made that much back in rakeback, what must you have paid in rakes???? Think about it! The highest rakeback programs pay 35%.

And as far as them providing a site for me to play, they are charging entirely more then they need to manage a poker table!!!

How can you think it is okay to pay $2400.00 to play poker??? Are you for real??? You think they need to charge that much to stay in business? They could reduce those fees and still make a fortune. They have 70,000 active players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that that was his point. He knows how much he paid in rake and it is worth it. He also knows how much $$$ he has made.

Do you think that there is any business out there that knowingly undercuts their potential profit to be nice?

If you don't like Capitilism, move to China. You won't even be told how much you pay in sales tax there.

Greg
Old 05-11-2005, 11:33 AM

I still don't see why you care, they make money, you make money, everyone wins? No? I don't get why your throwing such a fit about it, I mean if you don't want to pay the site so much money, don't play there?

It's called a free market, uncle Ho. Does it seem like a ripoff? yes. Vote with your feet

[ QUOTE ]

Just curious if any of you have done the math and found out what you paid in rake fees last month??

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, are you serious? What the hell, you would think they could manage with a little less rake. May be time to pick up a new game.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:56 AM

So it's ok for you to make as much as you can but its not okay for them to do the same thing?