Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: OJ Simpson

I went to high school in the ghetto. I was the only white kid in my English class when we were all watching the verdict being read. Of course everybody cheered and I was stunned and disappointed to say the least. We had weeks of discussions about it wherein I was the only one that felt the way that I did.

My class took the position that the only reason that he was even put up on charges is because he's black. I took the stance that one of the main reasons that he got off was in fact BECAUSE he was black. For this I was essentially branded a racist and spent a lot of time trying to talk my way out of some hairy conversations.

I still feel like that day and the following weeks had a drastic affect on my view of the world. Although I do now realize that they were all just impressionable teenagers being strung around by an incredibly righteous teacher, but it was still shocking. On another note, my school was one of the main players in the old California Prop 187 walkouts if anyone remembers that, so I was obviously surrounded by idiots.

I don't think anybody can reasonably say that he's innocent unless they are very brainwashed and using that historical case as a crux for some warped global belief they have.

-Jihad
Old 11-06-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was sitting in a first year class in University when the verdict was announced. I had to leave the class when people started CHEERING when they heard the verdict. It was so disgusting. Cheering because the guy got away with brutally murdering two people....bunch of idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most legal experts(in books) and college professors who addressed this in classes(such as Philosophy) agreed that the prosecution did one of the worst jobs in history when presenting the case. A lot of people dont realize that most of the jurors did not see the mountain of evidence everyone else saw and thats why they assume that he really had a dream team of lawyers and that the jurors were morons.

Also yes he obviously did it and because he got away now every black guy that goes to court goes to court guilty until he proves he is innocent instead of going in innocent with the prosecution having to prove he is guilty like it should be.

Its sad how black people where cheering and celebrating the fact that they were going to get screwed for many years to come in court. They were really celebrating something that was truly horrible for them.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i made 5 bucks off the virdict back in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I made $20 off a friend when Michael Jackson walked.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also yes he obviously did it and because he got away now every black guy that goes to court goes to court guilty until he proves he is innocent instead of going in innocent with the prosecution having to prove he is guilty like it should be.

Its sad how black people where cheering and celebrating the fact that they were going to get screwed for many years to come in court. They were really celebrating something that was truly horrible for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
You make it sound like Black people were getting real great treatment in the justice system before OJ. It not like evrything was cool between the races and then the OJ case came along.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 AM

I'unno. My grandparents use the Simpson trial as Exhibit I-A of Why The Coloreds Ain't No Good. Even my grandmother, who is not otherwise insane, and wasn't even particularly racist beforehand. Weird deal.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:07 AM

my grandpa did this exact same thing, as a young kid I was shocked at his blatant racism in this situation. It was like the trial brought out ideas that were in his head from decades ago
Old 11-07-2005, 12:14 AM

funny shirt I saw:

drink apple juice,
OJ will you kill you
Old 11-07-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You make it sound like Black people were getting real great treatment in the justice system before OJ. It not like evrything was cool between the races and then the OJ case came along.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it wasnt, but it sure made things a lot more difficult.

An example would be Kobe, maybe before the OJ trial public opinion would have sided with him, but since OJ got away well he was torn to shreds by public opinion before the trial.

Im not saying it was perfect before, but now white people cant stop thinking about the one that got away.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw a wierd DS thread in SMP that got me thinking about this.

Is there anyone who actually and honestly believes that the Juice didn't kill those people?

If so, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its the same people who believe Barry Bonds and Terrell Owens are good sportsmen.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There an article a while ago, on Salon I think, in which some legal expert suggested that OJ's son was the real killer. I don't really remember what his argument was, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 2+2'er friend of mine mentioned this one, so I tracked it down. It's hogwash. The author ignores a whole lot of evidence--most notably the cut on OJ's hand, and the footprints at the crime scene were OJ's shoes. The author suggests that OJ and the son were present at the time, but all the evidence says one person walked away.