Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Player-dependent PF question

Party Poker <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Hero posts BB in CO. (converter doesn't show this)

UTG seems to be decent TAG. On another table I'm on his immediate left and have happened to get a few good flops against him and showdown a bunch of winners. He doesn't like me-- thinks I'm a fish. He's let everyone know this through chatter. He's also very aggressive, betting/raising with A-high HU.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero?</font>.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Player-dependent PF question

As a general rule of thumb, I call a raise with any 2 suited when posting on a new table. Whether this is good in an EV sense or not is debateable, but I also like the metagame aspect of it--I'd like to send a message to anybody who's actually paying attention that I will defend my blinds with borderline hands. Here I think it's definitely worthwhile with a coldcaller already in the pot and the blinds yet to act.

One other point--if he's berating you (or anyone) in the chat box, he's not a decent TAG. He might be tight and he might be aggressive, but if he's prone to emotional outbreaks like that it is a weakness which you can definitely exploit. That makes me want to call with 96s here even more.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Player-dependent PF question

Great thoughts Harv, thanks. I called and turned a straight. He was not pleased. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]