Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: December - the 180 man SNG challenge

Just so this isn't a total hijack, good luck with your challenge and I may see you from time to time. GL [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Clayton why did you leave yourself rougly 250 (dont remember exactly) after your flop bet with KK? Terrible call on the flop by him, but there was no way he was going to fold to the turn bet. Do you think you should have just pushed the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I see a lot of good players do this, so I follow. Some people are really that retarded to call my 90% stack turn bet with ace high.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:30 PM

Solely playing 180's is too much of a hassle and psychologically wilting over the long run due to the variance and spending so long to finish 10th, etc.

So, I'm gonna mix in 15+1 sng's to keep me from dying of boredom (only 3 tables makes me sick). I recommend the same for everyone else.

On my 7th tournament now. 3 early exits, three finishes near the bubble. I am due.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:31 PM

Makes sense.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:34 PM

Could anyone even guesstimate a ROI in these games in more of a longterm sense? In order for this to be profitable I determined for myself that I would need a ROI of 50% or higher. This seems really high relative to SnGs but I don't know what is realistic for MTT's.

GL with your challenge. If it can actually be that profitable I may have to join you eventually.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:38 PM

Man those tourneys look pretty fun. I will have to play in a few of these.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:56 PM

I made it to the final table with $130k the other day. Second was $50k, a couple $30s, then everyone else was $10-$15. That was fun. Big difference between 9th and 5th, so I was able to do some first class bullying. You could just see a chill come over the table when I entered a pot. Let them make their little continuation bet, then boom all-in. Think... think... think... fold. Ahhh. Good times.

But stupidly I got into it with the $50k guy when he had flopped a set, and I didn't have crap but managed to get myself pot-comitted. The only person I really needed to fear. Finished 5th. Like I said, I'm still learning. I think the last few tables on these is a real good training ground for making crucial late-tourney decisions against (mostly) solid players for decent (at least for me) stakes. I've won one, made 6 or 7 other final tables, and had a few big stack meltdowns in others. Leaves me replaying a few hands over in my mind for days.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could anyone even guesstimate a ROI in these games in more of a longterm sense? In order for this to be profitable I determined for myself that I would need a ROI of 50% or higher. This seems really high relative to SnGs but I don't know what is realistic for MTT's.

GL with your challenge. If it can actually be that profitable I may have to join you eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really have no idea. All I know is I have a 13% ROI in Party 22's over a small sample (like 400). Hopefully I can play at least 150 in December and get a rough gauge.

It is veyr, very hard to determine a true ROI from these kind of things due to the sheer variance. It's impossible with MTT's.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:11 PM

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button (t9135)
Hero (t4400)
BB (t365)
UTG (t4170)
UTG+1 (t7555)
MP1 (t3645)
MP2 (t1200)
CO (t1155)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t1155 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t4400</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>,

30 seconds pass.....

UTG calls t3970 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (All-In).

Flop: (t9925) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t9925) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t9925) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t9925

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 04:15 PM

Maybe he's just extremely tight and didn't want to enter as only a 45% favorite to win the hand (or whatever). Although it's hard to see how he could have you on anything other than AK or a high PP, which he would have dominated. Weird.