Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: The next M. Night Shamylamylabadoobi movie

[ QUOTE ]
Most people who don't like his movies don't understand movies. They're the demographic who's responsible for the "dumbing down" of America, where you only get to see special effects, action, and big-name movie stars. The running mantra behind these moviegoers is "I'm going to see a movie, why should I think?" M. Night's movies, which can fare as possibly hookie, are stimulating movies that challenge the viewer. Now everyone complains about The Village being so stupid, oh I thought it was a horror movie. But he brings out some interesting themes. Is it civilization that corrupts or is it man that is inherently born evil? He's as close as we get to a modern-day Hitchcock. He may never be as good as him, but at least he will bring originality to the theater.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poeple who like [censored] faces films are the poeple you describe but with pretensions. The think his films are some how different when in fact they are just more of the same hollywood pap.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and it discredits the ENTIRE movie

there are plenty of movies that examine the human condition yet they don't have the biggest plot hole i have ever seen in a major motion picture.

it comes down to complete laziness as a screenwriter and i think it's pretty pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even Michael Jordan shot a couple of airballs. No one is going to like every movie the guy makes. He's obviously held to such high standards after 6th sense and unbreakable. I think he did the best he could with signs BTW
Old 11-26-2005, 04:39 PM

lol, i love the title to your post
Old 11-26-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even Michael Jordan shot a couple of airballs.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 04:59 PM

Adding my two cents...

6th Sense was great.
Unbreakable was good.
Signs was good.

The Village might go down as the worst movie I have ever seen. The plot had so many holes it was disgusting. I believe that Mr. Sham just tried to punch something out quickly, take the check, and move along. In the sense of movies this was script was simply unbelievable. It starts with “Lets have two people that are in on the secret talk late at night alone about the red marks on the wall debating if wolves did it when they already know who did it” then “Lets have a single person kill and skin every animal in the village without anyone noticing and then wrap it up with a guy saying that he will talk to the culprit" followed by "Hey lets let the retarded guy who's locked up in a house find the suit they keep under the floorboards, escape the village, and track down the blind girl in the forest." I thought that Joaquin Phoenix did an excellent job but this movie was garbage.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:09 PM

It doesn't matter how bad the script, or how weak the acting, he's still gonna wile out in the theater. $30 million release week, period.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, i love the title to your post

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2005, 12:31 PM

This one just finished filming in Philly. I know this because my brother is in the movie. I'm not a huge fan of the director, but iti looks like a good cast...And, of course, my [censored] brother is in it which means everyone should see it.