Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Do you call this turn push by a donk?

I don't know if this is long term +EV. I was thinking he may have turned some kind of 2 pair. What do you think? The guy was very aggresive and very bad. Forgot to add that he'll call any pre-flop raise.
If you ask why I didn't raise the flop, I knew this guy would keep betting a second best hand and I planned on raising the turn.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($55.20)</font>
CO ($40.35)
Button ($24.70)
SB ($25.35)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($11.50)</font>
UTG ($18.50)
UTG+1 ($25)
MP1 ($110.97)
MP2 ($24.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($7.10) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB calls $8 (All-In), Hero calls $8.

River: ($23.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $23.10
Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Do you call this turn push by a donk?

He could easily have any A including A10 or A9 I think you'ld have to decide from what you've seen of his play. If he's a complete monkey then call but if he's just on tilt and you haven't seen this play before then he could be taking advantage of you thinking he's a maniac.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:36 AM

Fold, aside of the 2 pair he can also hold a straight. I think you need a good read to call here.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:40 AM

Lets see... he might have an ace but you got the awesome kicker! What hands do we beat?
AK-no
AQ-split
AJ-no
A10-no
A9-no

You cant beat any ace with a decent kicker. If you cant beat top pair with a 9 or higher kicker then that is the first hint you might want to fold to an all-in bet. Not to mention the ton of other hands you are behind. This is one of those times where you ask yourself what can I beat that he would do this with? Seems to me pretty much nothing.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:08 AM

I knew this guy would keep betting a second best hand and I planned on raising the turn.

I think you answered your own question. Still, I would raise this flop.

Dumle
Old 11-15-2005, 01:52 AM

Apply the read + the level we're talking about. I see people do this all the time with Ax at this level. That's why I'm asking, but the sarcasm did help.

At another level, without the guy being suck a donk/maniac, yes it's an insta-fold. I think that's quite obvious, but we're talking about something a bit different here. Perhaps you haven't played this level in awhile at Party, I don't know, but I think it's closer than you make it out and I can post examples to prove me point.

Villian flipped over JTo btw.