Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 03:30 PM

Default New Dell Computer - Video Card BLOWS Thoughts?

Just got a new dell, totally pimped it out, bought a new samsung flat planel for it too...and the friggin windows skip on the video card rather than sliding. It's like there is lag in the system. I'm not talkin about lag because I'm running 1000 programs, I'm talking lag when I just have AOL up and slide IM conversations left or right? WTF gives? Monitor also came with digital or analog settings, right now it's pluged into analog bc everytime I try and attach digital cable it says searching for signal on screen. Can't figure that out either. I was planning on hooking up 2nd monitor once I took old video card out of old comp. and used it in new comp. The new dells don't have many slots in the back though so now I'm thinking about just buying a dual head video card that is way better than both and then I shouldn't experience any of this crap. Thoughts? Dual head video card ideas?

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:43 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: New Dell Computer - Video Card BLOWS Thoughts?

monitors have input settings just like televisions and receivers. most of them require that you press a button to select a different one.

do you know what the response time in ms is for your monitor?
Old 11-12-2005, 04:05 PM

60 hertz? is that the right answer? God I am retarded.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:06 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

no that's the refresh rate. response time will be listed on samsung's web site if you look up the model.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:10 PM

I feel like the video card that came with the computer can't support the monitor? My dad says dell shipped the lowest of the low with the computer...I don't know what to do, I was going to put the other old video card in today to get the dual set up working...if this is crap though, then should I just get a new video card?
Old 11-12-2005, 04:16 PM

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Monitor/LCD_Digital/LS20BRBABZ.asp
Old 11-12-2005, 09:04 PM

Fixed your link.

From a quick google search, it appears that the response time is 16ms.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:48 PM

I didn't see if you mentioned what kind of video card you have but I dont see why the video card would be the problem unless there is a defect in it. I would attribute something like that to some bs program running in the background most likely. You can do a little troubleshooting like maybe hooking another monitor up or switching your video card with the one in the old system but I would say around 80 or 90% of the time youre dealing with a software issue. Start out with checking what you have listed in msconfig (start,run,type msconfig,startup tab)and go from there.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:29 PM

well it's not a laggy response time. did you get it working on dvi yet?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:14 PM

Nope, should probably read through the dell manual...which doesnt' say much, any other way to figure it out?