Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Hand against Dane.

[ QUOTE ]
Good except for the river check, as you already said. He value bets most hands that beats you, and checks behind hands that you beat but may call a bet on a board this drawy.

Turn c/r is good. Flop c/r would be ok too. Obviously c/r is much better than check call because you want him to fold hands that have 12 outs vs you for 1 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:57 AM

Does anyone think I played this bad with A3o? I was calling any river if he bet except a 4/9/6 of clubs. When he checked I checked behind.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think I played this bad with A3o? I was calling any river if he bet except a 4/9/6 of clubs. When he checked I checked behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's Jeff's turn cr semibluff frequency like?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not too big on live play,

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon man, just ask deathdonkey, theres nothing like getting screwplayed by soiler, LIVE.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the new house is done, I will get all you little phuckers over and we'll get to it. Gotta get the wife and kids out of town. Maybe plan it during a Chargers game so we have a little distraction while soiler turns over his roll to buy me some new sh!t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you weren't expecting too much new sh!t [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-03-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion calling the turn checkraise is a mistake. As soon as he checks to me on this turn I know that I am going to spend one and only one more bet this hand. I make the decision right then whether I want it to be by bet-folding the turn or by checking behind on the turn and calling most river bets. In this case against Jeff, bet-folding the turn would almost certainly be my choice.

Cartman
Old 11-03-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In hindsight, I believe the river check is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think it is a clear value bet. I think you will always get called by Ace high, virtually never induce a bluff from a worse hand, and very rarely get bluff raised. If you think there is a reasonable chance that him calling your turn checkraise means that you are behind, then checking becomes more appealing I think because your bizarre line may freeze him into checking behind on the river with some hands better than yours. But in this case I don't think you should be terribly concerned about being behind.

Cartman
Old 11-03-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In hindsight, I believe the river check is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
holyshit jeff, you think? why o why would u check there jeff?

i would pause to type "BOO YAH" in the chat box, bet, then click enter when he call. haha.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not too big on live play,

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon man, just ask deathdonkey, theres nothing like getting screwplayed by soiler, LIVE.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the new house is done, I will get all you little phuckers over and we'll get to it. Gotta get the wife and kids out of town. Maybe plan it during a Chargers game so we have a little distraction while soiler turns over his roll to buy me some new sh!t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you weren't expecting too much new sh!t [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

oh its on now boy [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]