Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Call or Fold?
Call 9 24.32%
Fold 28 75.68%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2005, 02:48 AM

Default FF controversy

As I posted here elsewhere, I got lucky this week in one of my leagues. I only scored 28 points but the team I played scored just 26, partially because he left his w/r spot open after making a trade this week.

That is until half way through the MNF game when then the commish put the guy he had traded for (chad johnson) into the w/r spot. I of course protested and his reasoning was that he just forgot to put him in and shouldnt be punished.

My argument, Well of course he wanted to start him but thats becide the point. He made a mistake, he should have to deal with it. I meant to start eli manning instead of bledsoe but I forgot to make the change. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

This a yahoo league, so the decision had to be made before the week was considered final. I only know one guy in the league, he's a good friend who's been in the same league for 5 years. The amount we play for is pretty substantial for me, and I assume more so than anyone else, as I am college student and they're all 35+.

The guys who participated in the debate more or less agreed that johnson should be put in. But he was ultimately taken out thanks to my constant whining, and I got the win for the week.

I am in 1st place in this league and the commish is tied for 2nd. The guy I played this week is in last. Im sure everyone wanted me to lose and they tried to take advantage of the situation. So please tell me I was right.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: FF controversy

That's total crap. Glad you got it reversed. Part of being a FFL owner is keeping up with your starting lineup.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:54 AM

If you are playing for money he should not be put in by the commish under any circumstance.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:02 AM

He made this post just now,

[ QUOTE ]
found out tonight, that I can go back and change scores for previous weeks by making roster moves and records/scores are updated once I do it. So, If I went back a couple weeks ago and changed out a player that didnt do so well for a player that did, for any team in the league, I can alter the outcomes and there is no record of it on the board or anything.

I thought I should just let everyone know in case youre playing in other leagues. Kind of funny yahoo lets that happen

[/ QUOTE ]

So yahoo users beware! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing for money he should not be put in by the commish under any circumstance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still complain if this league was for just bragging rights, I just wouldn't complain as much...
Old 10-25-2005, 09:26 AM

Who are the 3 guys that voted yes? The Commish should NEVER change a lineup after the start of a game.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are the 3 guys that voted yes? The Commish should NEVER change a lineup after the start of a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never say never. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If he has some sort of proof, like an email from the owner saying "if this trade is approved, I want Johnson in my lineup in place of player X", then the change should be made.

I'm the commish of our league and as long as I have definite, concrete, incontrovertible evidence, I'll make the change. If there's any doubt or room for question, it stays as is.

In this case, there's no way the change should be made.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:49 AM

This is the kind of crap that keeps me out of $$$ leagues with guys I don't know. I played in a league with some guys when I was interning a few years ago in San Diego. It wasn't a huge amount, but there was some cash involved. The commish would do all kinds of stupid crap. All transactions had to be approved, so whenever there was a hot free agent, you had to go through the commish to get him. More often than not, the commish would essentially say "thanks for pointing this out to me - I think I'll take him for my team". Either that, or there was a clear bias toward certain friends.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:52 AM

By the way, I'm with you on this one. In a pay league, you're assumed to be competent enough to get your lineup in order before the games start. It's pretty obvious that the guy probably wanted Chad Johnson to start, but without definite evidence of it (i.g. the e-mail mentioned by another poster), then that's just too bad. If this were a fun league, then I would only have a marginal problem with it, but I'd let it go.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More often than not, the commish would essentially say "thanks for pointing this out to me - I think I'll take him for my team". Either that, or there was a clear bias toward certain friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it that this guy hasn't been killed yet?