Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Very simple checkup: too much aggression?

I agree that capping the turn seems excessive.

I'm torn about the flop-turn play though. I like your line, and I seem to like Sfer's jam the flop b/c of the pre-flop action and the liklihood of a big set? <--I *think* this is his logic. But I don't know which I like more. I guess its read dependant, how aggro this guy will get with AQ and AJ.

Are we really *that* worried about a big set here?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:07 PM

Post deleted for stupidity
Old 08-03-2005, 04:15 PM

Sfer was sitting 2 seats to my left.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:29 PM

Haha, ooops. I thought he was going purely based on your description in this thread. Carry on.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:42 PM

It matters somewhat which flop card is offsuit. A flush draw is much more possible on an A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flop than an A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] flop. Just something to consider next time you post a hand.

You'll have to decide for yourself whether UTG has a brain because I wasn't there. For discussion purposes I'll assume that he plays properly.

AQ is your worst possible hand for the turn raise and even that assumes a very loose coldcap preflop. When he 3-bets the turn you're probably drawing to 0-2 outs and the last thing on your mind should be capping.

I don't blame him for checking the river with KK. You're clearly representing AA so why would he want to throw more money away by betting and calling a raise? If you capped the turn with AK it won't matter anyway because you'll bet. Note that since he can see three kings and one ace, AA and AK are a priori equally likely hands for you--three each are possible.