Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Hand against baronzeus.

so as a general note, do you guys think against TAGs I should be taking stabs in this spot with two diamonds?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:06 AM

You have to be hoping
A) you have him beat
B) he will bet

In my experience I get a lot of whiffs with this move when the guy behind me is a good player who knows something about me. I get a lot of fish to bet though.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:07 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if I'm him, there's a good chance I'm check-folding AK since the pot is so small

[/ QUOTE ]

Same... that's why I am surprised baronzeus interprets my check as strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

well one thing ive noticed recently is that a lot of people peel with any 2 and fold to my bet on the turn. this includes me (not any 2 but 4+ outs are enough for me to peel a flop usually with implied odds). the board is very peelable...i expect you to value bet your Ax...also, you showed down AQ and AJ and I think AT high all earlier in this session. (i guess im a LAG [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

peeling with crap banking on implied odds is generally a terrible strategy that leaves you with reverse implied odds plus crappy pot odds. if you're drawing to a hand that is unlikely to be dead then that's a bit different. if you're counting on some bluff outs, like in some situations donking a card that completes a 4 liner straight, then that's also different. but in general, routinely disregarding pot odds while banking on implied odds without considering reverse implied odds, is a good way to jack up your variance while cutting your winrate a bit
Old 11-02-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if I'm him, there's a good chance I'm check-folding AK since the pot is so small

[/ QUOTE ]

Same... that's why I am surprised baronzeus interprets my check as strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

well one thing ive noticed recently is that a lot of people peel with any 2 and fold to my bet on the turn. this includes me (not any 2 but 4+ outs are enough for me to peel a flop usually with implied odds). the board is very peelable...i expect you to value bet your Ax...also, you showed down AQ and AJ and I think AT high all earlier in this session. (i guess im a LAG [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

peeling with crap banking on implied odds is generally a terrible strategy that leaves you with reverse implied odds plus crappy pot odds. if you're drawing to a hand that is unlikely to be dead then that's a bit different. if you're counting on some bluff outs, like in some situations donking a card that completes a 4 liner straight, then that's also different. but in general, routinely disregarding pot odds while banking on implied odds without considering reverse implied odds, is a good way to jack up your variance while cutting your winrate a bit

[/ QUOTE ]

well,
in these situations, what i meant was

i will peel with a gutshot or better, any pair, any flush/straight draw, and sometimes two overs if i think i am reasonably undominated. i dont think it's -EV at all--usually i make up 2 bets on the turn when i hit a 4 or 5 outer and i have already made up the necessary difference.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:59 PM

Why checkraise?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:37 PM

I really don't like this line. By CRing you are likely going to end up either giving a free card while ahead or putting in 3bets while behind. Just bet it.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:39 PM

ive been making these checkraises against known tags fairly often especially in shorthanded play and they almost always bet. the only problem is that they dont call the checkraise, but its different on a board like this because he would have so many outs with alot of holdings. i think the cr is great.