Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Only 2% of Pro\'s make money?

[ QUOTE ]
To further complicate this...I believe my friend was taking into account the fact that many professional poker players have vices. Losing hundreds or thousands at blackjack, craps, whatever there vice is. I know the number 2% is EXTREMELY low but look at the amount of players that are regularly running there stacks up day in and day out versus total amount of players trying to accomplish the same exact feat. I do not have the answer but to the person who said the bar is set at 10% to be a winning long term player I could see that possibly being correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

its simple mathematics, the top 10% in nl are the ones who usually profit over the long term, but this can be a little higher.

2% ur friends talking out of his ass, ask him how he determined this absolute number, when he answers he made it up with out analyzing any data bitch slap him for wasting your time and ours.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Only 2% of Pro\'s make money?

It can't... 2% of players in the game would probably be off too, but closer to the truth.

How one would even get data for this is my first question. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

- = non-pro IMHO since pro implies PAID, LOL!

Another silly speculation thread...

>TW<