Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Tough Call with AQo after Flop

[ QUOTE ]

Then why are you calling his raise in the BB with AQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn good question!

-- Scott
Old 12-10-2004, 06:57 PM

Folding AQ to a raise at a 6max table seems odd to me. But you were watching him play, so go with your read here. AQ is almost impossible to play against those hands once you flop a queen (it's easier with an ace, just CC/CC/bet).

Shill
Old 12-10-2004, 07:37 PM

That would have to be a very solid read on a super tight raiser to know he's only raising AA-JJ, AK UTG at a table with 6 players.

What do you think about his postflop play? Specifically, what does he do with AK if you bet/check the flop/turn?

I think your best line would to be bet the flop and fold to a raise. If no raise, bet the turn fold to a raise. If no raise, check the river, fold to a bet. The reason I think this is the best line is that he will rarely raise AK on the flop or turn unimproved (player dependant). So, the hands he does raise are the ones that have you drawing very slim and you don't have odds to continue. The river check-fold is because it's possible he could be calling all the way with AK or KK/AA but he won't bet AK on the end, he'll just check it thru. He also probably won't call with it. This is all assuming blanks fall, if an A, K, Q, or T comes your plan may have to change.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That would have to be a very solid read on a super tight raiser to know he's only raising AA-JJ, AK UTG at a table with 6 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, he was playing AA, although a Q came on the turn so it was a moot point in this case.

[ QUOTE ]

What do you think about his postflop play? Specifically, what does he do with AK if you bet/check the flop/turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

He calls. He's a calling station. The problem is, he won't necessarily raise with AA/KK, but I think your line is right (bet/fold the flop).

-- Scott
Old 12-10-2004, 11:24 PM

In a full ring game, lacking reads, I fold AQo go everytime against a pf raise. This hand perfectly illustrates why. It's simply impossible to like any flop unless you flop trip Q's with no A or K on the board.

Shorthanded I would hardly ever fold this but in this situation, with your read, this is a good pf fold.