Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Online Poker - Almost Certainly Rigged

Whew, good thing you got that horrible session with those 5 brutal hands out of the way. Now you should't have another one like that for 100K hands or so.

Your "pokarma" (perhaps I should copyright this term for poker karma) should be golden right now, hit the tables hard while it lasts!!
Old 05-16-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what you want me to do is believe that I am the unlucky dumbass who it just happened to happen to and not the more obvious conclusion that something is amiss?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that about sums it up.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:20 AM

My flopped set of fives on a 952 flop was totally cracked by KK when he hit a K on the river. He was drawing to two outs! Online poker is rigged.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:13 AM

You know, I hate to pile on...

Being a newbie and learning the game for myself, I have found this site invaluable. The most important thing that I have learned is that this is a long haul endeavour. You said that you are not keeping hand histories because you are impoving at such a rapid rate. Perhaps a little introspection would reveal that, that being the case, a 30BB downturn is not a big deal. Regardless of the reason.

I am afraid that your understanding of statistics is woefully lacking. There are 169 unique starting hands in my PT database, with 7,000 hands since I made the belated committment to my game with that purchase. At 6,500 hands, there were only 168 unique hands.

The point is that the odds do not normalize until hundreds of thousands of combinations are generated. Even 72o will win some hands, our hope is that the fish at the tables try to prove to us that they will, often.

One other point, I remember when you started posting. A Thursday or Friday and you posted several hands. Unless I am mistaken, you participate in few threads that you do not originate. Some of the situations you have posted are common and discussed at length in other threads. May I suggest that you try posting blind AKA "grunching" and then read the other posts to compare your views.

FWIW