Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 03:49 AM

Default TT multiway

All opponents were typical loose passive microlimit players.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (11.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Preflop &amp; flop seem easy.
Turn I was planning to bet fold as the Q isnt that scary.
How do I play the river?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: TT multiway

I like the flop and turn bets, I would fire out on the river again and maybe fold to a raise depending on how many still remain.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:58 AM

Same. You shouldnt check on he river. CO had a Q I suppose?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:02 AM

If they're all loose passive then I would bet, fold if raised. If no one has a Q or 4 then you may get some value out of it. If you check-call, they will bet when they are ahead and check when you are. Either way costs you a bet, but only bet-fold has any benefits.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:04 AM

I might try for a check-raise on the flop depending on the table but I think a bet is standard flop and turn. The river merits a bet, these guys are all very passive and with 3 of them I might get a lot of value when I'm winning. I have to call a raise because the pot is just so big, but it's only one lost bet and only when one of these calling stations is willing to raise. I don't see 4 being a common holding and a Q seems very unlikely to raise.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to call a raise because the pot is just so big, but it's only one lost bet and only when one of these calling stations is willing to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you will call a river raise then I think it was a mistake to bet the river in the first place.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you check-call, they will bet when they are ahead and check when you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

wont passive opponents check through a queen here?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wont passive opponents check through a queen here?

[/ QUOTE ]
They might, but that is of no benefit to you, you still lose the pot.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:29 AM

If you'd feel comfortable laying down to a raise, then bet the river. Otherwise, check/call is good. What you don't want to do is bet the river and call a raise.

If you're behind, both check/call and bet/fold are the same result: you lose an extra bet.

If you're ahead, check/call risks missing bets from hands like lower pairs that may call, and bet/fold risks an inferior hand pushing you out of the pot with a raise.

You've got to gauge how often an inferior hand raises on the river versus it checking all the way through to see if the relative gain of 1-3BB versus a relative loss of up to 12-15BB is worth it.

EDIT: Guess I better give a straight answer: if you are very comfortable with your loose-passive read, bet/fold the river. If you were in the pot with a tricky or aggressive player check/call.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you will call a river raise then I think it was a mistake to bet the river in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I think I'm winning very often here and will be raised somewhat rarely.