Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: The NBA Standings Look Ridiculous

I never said the mavs were a joke heh, they have a good chance to win the west. They have a ridiculous amount of talent. I just think especially when you consider the 2 games these 2 teams have played this year they dont match up that well against Phoenix. In the most recent game a reporter asked Jason Terry at half time how they easily could penetrate and finish against Phoenix, and he said its because without Stoudemire they dont have an inside presence, which is true.

Still with all of this Phoenix had a chance to win that one in the end, and obviously should have won that opening game. Its really not a knock on the mavs that they cant handle Stoudemire down low either, cause no team in the league can. He averaged almost 40 points a game against the spurs.

Once again they have a good chance especially if they come up with that 1 seed, but I dont see how you can completely overlook Phoenix considering the way they played against the mavs without their best player (or maybe 2nd best).
Old 12-27-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont see how you can completely overlook Phoenix considering the way they played against the mavs without their best player (or maybe 2nd best).

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't remember overlooking the suns, maybe i did? (i will have to go back and look) if i did, i certainly didn't mean to b/c they are dangerous.

you just said that dallas was a joke blah blah blah and its starting to get tiresome hearing the same old song and dance from people that obviously aren't watching them play or else they wouldn't make half the comments that they do.

yes, they could very well lose in the first round. this does not mean that they aren't twice the team that they have been in recent years and i am getting really excited/anxious for the playoffs to see them perform.

i would actually like to see a suns/mavs playoff series...i think it would go 7 games.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you just said that dallas was a joke blah blah blah and its starting to get tiresome hearing the same old song and dance from people that obviously aren't watching them play or else they wouldn't make half the comments that they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster that said they were a joke is TheRegulat0r. If you think any of my posts implied something like this then just know that its not what Im saying at all. And I know what you mean when you talk about people that throw out idiot comments they have no idea about.

Both these teams have a good chance to knock off the Spurs and I dont think anyone realizes it. I know this because I DO know whats going on.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The poster that said they were a joke is TheRegulat0r.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are correct, i apologize.
[ QUOTE ]
Both these teams have a good chance to knock off the Spurs and I dont think anyone realizes it. I know this because I DO know whats going on.

[/ QUOTE ]
and i would like one of them to knock them off b/c i would like to see something other than spurs/pistons this year.