Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-22-2005, 04:15 PM

Default El Capitano/Gigabet article in Bluff mentions potential abuse on Stars

There is an article that I read in the latest issue of Bluff magazine with Mike Matusow on the cover that mentions a few things that are bothering me.

It mentions a bet that was made about the Pokerstars TLB and focused on a few key players, mainly Gigabet and El Capitano. It goes on to mention that the El Capitano account is owned by Marcel Luske but was being used by one of his proteges. It went on to say that towards the end of this "bet" that there were a TEAM of players using that one account to pad his lead on the TLB. Pretty much that they were playing 24 hours a day to do so.

My question is, how in the hell does this not violate the T&C's of the Pokerstars user agreement? I find this not only unethical but very troublesome. I realize that this can go on without anyone knowing but I would think that an account that's active for 24 hours at a time would raise a red flag with Pokerstars. Worse case, it's a bot. Best case, it's a team playing on one account. Either way, it's wrong.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: El Capitano/Gigabet article in Bluff mentions potential abuse on Stars

I'm pretty sure Giga was aware that he was against a team of players that would be playing 24/7. Although unfair, I'm pretty sure it was common knowledge.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: El Capitano/Gigabet article in Bluff mentions potential abuse on Stars

how is a team playing 1 specific account wrong? I guess its unethical for the tournament leader board standings, but other than that I dont see how it can be considered something unfair.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:32 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
how is a team playing 1 specific account wrong? I guess its unethical for the tournament leader board standings, but other than that I dont see how it can be considered something unfair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in their T&C that only 1 player per account is allowed.
(and if it doesn't, it should)
Old 11-22-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was unethical since all partoes involved knew it would happen.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: El Capitano/Gigabet article in Bluff mentions potential abuse on S

this is really, really weird, but every time i see one of your posts i think your avatar is rigoletto's avatar.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:57 PM

My point is that the T&C's on Pokerstars site says that you can only have one player to an account.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:20 PM

Lee Jones actually just recently changed the T&Cs, to include that clause. The leaders of the team had spoken with Mr. Jones beforehand, to make certain that what they would be doing would not be questioned by Poker Stars.

They were completely within the confines of Poker Stars' T&Cs at the time when El Capitano was playing 24/7.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:46 PM

SO what, if anything, do the TLB leaders get??

Is it just recognition / prestige? or is there some kind of prize that goes along with it?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:50 PM

The monthly winner, gets..nothing..right?