Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: cashmere

[ QUOTE ]
Other sweaters made of materials that are much easier obtain you mean? Is that really comparable? Certainly arguments on both sides. My economics comment is basically directed to the point that things cost what people are willing to pay for them. If people werent willing to pay "too much" for cashmere clothing, it wouldnt cost "too much".

[/ QUOTE ]

Your economics knowledge is basic. A rational buyer will make an individual decision about the value of an item to him and not pay more than that. Cashmere can be said to "cost too much" for the buyers with a valuation of cashmere less than the cost.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be anti-cashmere, but someone gave me a cashmere sweater last year and I love it. And so do girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any garment that encourages women to touch you is a good thing.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:29 PM

I understand that. It doesnt change my point that the price of cashmere is the price of cashmere for a reason. So we can both agree that posters that said cashmere is too much was speaking in personal terms, which may or may not have been what the OP was looking for. But in broader terms, it cant really cost "too much".
Old 10-20-2005, 01:52 PM

I dont like it all that much for the price. I only buy it for coats....
Old 10-20-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that. It doesnt change my point that the price of cashmere is the price of cashmere for a reason. So we can both agree that posters that said cashmere is too much was speaking in personal terms, which may or may not have been what the OP was looking for. But in broader terms, it cant really cost "too much".

[/ QUOTE ]

you look like an ass in this thread. it looks like you've taken econ 101 and are trying to show off or something.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:55 PM

I think puff daddy covered this song.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:58 PM

"what's that red dot on your sweater?"
Old 10-20-2005, 04:09 PM

Cashmere is great in the damp California winters - it breathes well and is very soft. I like sweaters and the pocket linings of my jacket lined with it. It's expensive, but worth it, IMO.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:19 PM

Exactly how expensive is it? What are some of the better cashmere manufacturers? I understand the best cashmere comes from goats in china/mongolia... is this true? I'm intruiged... if i find something i like, i might have to pick up a sweater or stirrups [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]...
Old 10-20-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly how expensive is it? What are some of the better cashmere manufacturers? I understand the best cashmere comes from goats in china/mongolia... is this true? I'm intruiged... if i find something i like, i might have to pick up a sweater or stirrups [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cashmere only comes from the underside of goats in Mongolia, which is part of China. At its best, which means most expensive (although most expensive does not necessarily mean best) it is at once warm and light while breathing well and having a remarkable ability to hold bright colors. Good cashmere is not scratchy and almost impossibly soft to the touch.

Loro Piana mills excellent cashmere. So does Malo.