Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 08-13-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: My first stop\'n\'go post, lol

[ QUOTE ]
for it to actually be a stop and go you have to have at least enough chips to make the villian consider folding.

you dont have enough chips to do that, pick another spot to try out your newfound FPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with FPS. The question here is am I committed to play the hand. If I decide to play it, to stop'n'go is standard play, a no-brainer.

I don't understand why this has turned into yet another ridiculous debate about how shoving the flop and committing villain to call is supposedly better than stop'n'go.

My question here is that while it might look like a pretty easy fold at a first glance, the pot odds are significant, and I am certain that villains range on average is much looser than the JJ, AQ that it might look like to someone. My experience is that a lot of donks at the $55 who love to miniraise just don't understand position, and they miniraise with pretty much the same semigood hands regardless of position.

So, if I am a slight dog here, do you think that the pot odds and the small, yet very real, chance of the stop'n'go to work force me to play the hand?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, if I am a slight dog here, do you think that the pot odds and the small, yet very real, chance of the stop'n'go to work force me to play the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you'll have much fold equity if you are calling a better hand (except a mid-pocket pair). But given the high blinds and being so far from the money I would try it. If you fold you are down to 3BB, and close to losing all your fold equity.

Based on pot odds and a minor amount of fold equity from the S-N-G it's probably cEV+. Given that you are so far from the money doesn't that alone make it the correct decision?
Old 08-14-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on pot odds and a minor amount of fold equity from the S-N-G it's probably cEV+. Given that you are so far from the money doesn't that alone make it the correct decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think so. I can't exactly be picky in this situation.