Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 07:14 AM

Default Any hand Omaha PL .10//20

Hi! Im new on Omaha PL games. Please check this nand and write any comments. Thx.

Hero posted the small blind - $0.10
wimo posted the big blind - $0.20
** Dealing card to aDeptRU: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
sweetleaf4me folded
PassMeThePot raised - $0.70
IMGONEWIN called - $0.70
Hero called - $0.70
wimo called - $0.70

** Dealing the flop: j[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bet - $2.80
wimo called - $2.80
PassMeThePot folded
IMGONEWIN called - $2.80

** Dealing the turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bet - $11.20
wimo folded
IMGONEWIN called - $11.20

** Dealing the river: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero went all-in - $10.00
IMGONEWIN called - $10.00
IMGONEWIN shows: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
IMGONEWIN wins $53.30 from the main pot
Old 11-10-2005, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Any hand Omaha PL .10//20

This is a classic Omaha confrontation, a set vs a wrap/flush draw. There's not much you could have done about your fate except fold to the raise pre-flop (which is what everyone here is going to tell you you should have done).
Old 11-10-2005, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold to the raise pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]Ok. My wrong.
Please tell me how i must play any sets VS wrap/flush draw? Many times i see ALL-in in flop with Set and draw hands. Who right in long run?
Old 11-10-2005, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold to the raise pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]Ok. My wrong.
Please tell me how i must play any sets VS wrap/flush draw? Many times i see ALL-in in flop with Set and draw hands. Who right in long run?

[/ QUOTE ]
There's not much you can do. Confrontations such as these usually play themselves since you are so close to 50/50 against each other.

In your case, you were out of position so you had to lead to see if your set was good. Since no one raised, you were perfectly justified to pot it on the turn when a rag card came. Unfortunately for you, since this is not NL, it was impossible for you to price him out of his draw. But that's PLO.

I'll leave it to the real experts to decide whether you should have gone all-in on the river. Generally you bet the river for one of two reasons: to get more money when you're ahead or to make your oppoent fold when they're ahead. In this case, I think that most hands that you are ahead of won't call you anyway and any hand that has you beat certainly isn't folding now. However, at these levels most of the time you're ahead they'll check right behind you, or they'll bet the full $10. So it all works out the same in the end anyway. Perhaps better players will disagree.

As for who is right in the long run, the answer quite often in these cases is both of you, especially in a pot that was raised pre-flop. In these situations, there is often enough dead money in the pot that both of you would willingly go all-in even if you could see each other's cards.