Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 01:36 PM

Default PLO SNG - Trips on turn, can I fold this?

Pot-limit Omaha Hi $10+$1 (real money)

Seat 1: BB ($705 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG ($1,485 in chips)
Seat 6: MP ($1,160 in chips)
Seat 7: MP1 ($6,275 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($2,025 in chips)
Seat 9: Button ($1,735 in chips)
Seat 10: SB ($1,615 in chips)

PRE-FLOP
UTG folds, MP calls $30, MP1 raises to $60, Hero calls $60, 2 folds, BB calls $30, MP calls $30.

FLOP [board cards 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
BB checks, MP bets $30, MP1 calls $30, Hero calls $30, BB folds.

Is 8-1 still not enough for a call here? MP had been pretty loose, not likely to have an overpair here. I fold this in a cash game obviously, but I thought I might have a different line in a SNG.

TURN [Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
MP checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $200, MP raises to $945, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1,490, MP calls $125 and is all-in.

Ugh, that's not what I wanted to see. I have only 5 boat outs, and maybe the case Queen, which would all make the nuts. How bad of a donk am I for setting him in here? Again, cash game it's an easy muck, but I'm more worried about accumulating chips than going broke in a SNG as well.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: PLO SNG - Trips on turn, can I fold this?

If I can do any addition today then before the flop the pot had $255. Then a garbage flop hit (best hands trips or a straight draw) and MP bet $30. That is a very strange bet. What does it mean? I don't have a clue but whenever I see something that seems wrong I sit up and notice. Would the MP make a small bet with trips inorder to try and keep players in and build a small pot? Or could have nothing just doesn't like to give a free card.

Turn gives you trips and MP check-raises you into a board with a possible full house. Most times he has what he represents so I would muck. I don't know that I would risk my sng life on a call with that hand.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:48 PM

I can't see how you could call this raise. It really screams 2s full or 5s full. There were no good draws on the flop, which is why MP bet small. Then he checkraised the turn in order to get full value from anyone with a queen. 22, 55, or even KQ or AQ has you beat badly.

If you fold, you are still in decent chip position compared to the field (except for MP1). But you don't have to battle with him for a while.

Mark
Old 07-19-2005, 04:38 PM

At the bare minimum I think he has to have something like AQ or KQ, so I fold