Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Anyone play from a recliner?

I'm trying to figure out how this setup would work with a recliner that would fit under a desk and maybe a wireless trackball or some kind of swival armrest for a mouse.
Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Anyone play from a recliner?

I'm wondering the same thing, a recliner sounds sweet. I just bought an "ergonomic" office chair and I think it blows to be honest.

Anyone know any specific chairs that are very comfortable? Even with all those levers on this thing, can't get it comfy (ex non-adjustable lumbar supports SUCKS when it's not right)
Old 09-06-2005, 03:07 AM

Well, I never had a computer chair to begin with. I used a regular chair for the computer and one day I got the idea to move my two seat couch to my computer replacing the chair. I place the mouse pad (also pen tablet) on the second seat to my right and leave the keyboard on my lap. I lay down in a 120 angle and place my legs on the subwoofer. This feels really goOd after a long day of work. The only problem I have is I'm not comfortable with the keyboard on my lap. I wish there was something for me to place my keyboard on top of. Also, this could be bad for my back.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:53 AM

I got a playstation to USB converter, then I used some language I found somewhere on the internet to write scripts so I could change from table to table and hit the "fold call raise" buttons with my ps2 controller. So now I play from my recliner all the time. It's really nice, you should try it.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:54 AM

They make these cool new things called "laptops". I've only used one a little bit but like it. You might want to check it out.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:05 AM

Spending many hours every day at my computer was causing me pretty bad back pains. I went to Home Depot, bought some supplies and built my own desk on wheels. I use it with my recliner. Here's a picture:

Old 09-06-2005, 06:00 AM

I've been playing from my recliner for the last year.

I have a table on each side of the recliner. On the right side I have a 30"x60" folding table that has the short end at the recliner. My monitor is at the perfect height resting on it. I also store my wireless mouse and keyboard on that table. I have a desk chair behind the table and can turn the monitor and work from the chair. On the left is a typical end table with all my stuff. I have the keyboard in my lap only when necessary and use the mouse on the arm of the recliner. I did make sure to get a recliner with a wide enough arm so the mouse isn't always falling off.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:41 AM

Id suggest a Hospital Bed Table for $100

BTW, doesnt playing on a recliner kill your back?....or not yet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 10:44 AM

Not my couch but gives the idea.

Laptop on lap. Mouse on seat to the right. Bigscreen in clear view over top of laptop monitor. Wife in kitchen behind to provide beer and snacks
Old 09-06-2005, 11:02 AM