Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:12 PM

Default a 10/20 hands that felt weird ...limping K5s

UTG is 75/10/1
Button is 36/18/1

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...
Final Pot: 13 BB

There should be something here to hate for everyone so go ahead...let me have it.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: a 10/20 hands that felt weird ...limping K5s

Every street looks like a complete disaster to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every street looks like a complete disaster to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2005, 12:00 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't LRR pf; you have that going for you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

basically, just fold this hand at first opportuntiy.
the fact that you managed to pump 4BB into this pot is looking fairly nasty.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the line I was going for was "donkey playing a flopped fush" or once I get HU its the "I think your overcards or big diamond draw missed and I will value bet to the end."

Preflop is somehting that has come out of the whole DERB thing and reading Izmet Fekali's stuff--most of which was written for full games but I have been using it for direction for finding extra hands to mix up the shania preflop.

Flop raise was to figure out if anybody in the blinds had a hand or not. Sucks CO calls 2.

So getting raised on the turn sux but i figure there is still a chance I am ahead as the flop call 2 could have been a big diamond draw so i call and pray for a non-diamond river.

River is still low enough i decide I dont feel like calling a bet and figure betting is my only chance of winning...
Old 11-17-2005, 09:25 AM

Where did you read Izmet's stuff?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you read Izmet's stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

google izmet fekali and hit up the second result.
"playing with the fish"

however most of it is aimed at loose full table games--so applying any of it to 6-max is potenially quite wrong.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2005, 11:54 PM

Well played on the flop. Congrats if you managed to get a river call from the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], becuase A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] sure as hell aren't folding.