Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 04:46 AM

Default .25-.50 NL home game two pair top and bottom

6 handed-

chip counts
SB - $17
Hero (BB) - $95
UTG - $20
UTG+1 - $40
MP - $30
button - $20

Reads: UTG+1 is very abc poker doesnt get out of hand plays every hand textbook, very easy to read. SB is a fish who is slightly on tilt out of boredom, short stacked relative and ready to make any move.

Preflop:
Hero has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the big blind. 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50 SB calls. Hero calls.

Flop$4.50) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets $2.00. Hero raises to $6.00. UTG+1 takes his time in disgust calls. SB reraises to $10.00. Hero calls. UTG+1 calls.

Turn$34.50) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB goes all in for $5.50. Hero calls. UTG+1 raises to $12.50. Hero Folds.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Results: in white
<font color="white">SB shows As 3s
UTG+1 show Jc Jd</font>

questions/comments?
Old 11-14-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Re: .25-.50 NL home game two pair top and bottom

I don't know about the call PF. SB is SS with not even 40BBs left- lowered implied odds. I normally call if there are 100BB stacks, but in this spot, I think I fold.

I think I would raise the flop, trying to isolate SB. Hes playing it like a 2 pair or maybe an OESD. It looks like UTG+1 has some sort of overpair.

I think I put SB all-in on the flop, trying to isolate. If not, the turn brings trouble, because a) you cant fold the big pot to a measly $5 bet, and b) you still have UTG behind you.

Tough hand, I think I let it go on the turn.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:25 AM

ya you are right i should havent gotten the overpair out. i knew that utg+1 had to have an overpair, calling with a draw like that would have been too out of line for him, the only reason i didnt put sb all in on the flop was i didnt have a clue where sb was. when he reraised me on the flop i should have let it go there or put it all in, i gave utg+1 too great of price to continue, when that jack came i knew right then that utg+1 had JJ, when i folded i showed everyone the fold, as everyone gasped! in shock, haha i love playing with these donks. i call out their hands left and right
Old 11-14-2005, 05:26 AM

i push on the flop, you have everone very out chipped, a unlikely call with 68 for 1.50
apply pressure to them, yor likely against AA, KK and its tuff for them not to call
if trips its most likely its going all in, and i always feel better about pushing then calling
Old 11-14-2005, 06:02 AM

Weird hand... definitely something to be said for folding pre-flop here.

After the SB's 3-bet, I'd probably fold. You'll be looking at a set/straight a lot more often then A9 or something. On the turn, according to my rough est, you folded a $50 pot for another... $7.50? ...do I even have to say anything?

Kirk
Old 11-14-2005, 01:14 PM

ya folding $7.50 into a 50 pot is questionable, but i was 99% sure he had JJ, so that means i have 0 outs, i mean theres no doubt i folded thinking he had an qq-aa that raise just told me right there bingo i hit my 2 outer set, so calling a $7.50 into a 50 pot would be -ev if you are behind 99% of the time
Old 11-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Quite on the contrary to what everyone else has said...

I'm not sure about the PF call cause I don't know the limits, but I assume its something like .25/.5 blinds. Anyways...

You find yourself on that flop against these players. The player that tilts raised pf and placed a relatively weak bet on the flop. I don't think that 50% pot bet was for a monster, as you have a 9, which give him only the black nines as possible monsters. So he has some cards which may or may not be good, I'd say nothing but overs.

I'm sure ABC sounded so disgusted cause you are getting between them and the tilter. From their point of view you probably don't have their JJ beat PF, but must have flopped something, 2 pair, flush draw, straight, gutshot, some combo of the 4. That's probably why they seemed disgusted. Probably figures you for your two pair, but has outs for it. Bad call for ABC I think, but you dont know they have JJ yet, they could also have one of the draws discussed a second ago. so you have a loose opponent opening, you raised to isolate, but picked up an obvious drawers behind you. When the tilter does you the favor and reraises, you need to seize this opportunity. They only have 5 bucks behind. If ABC is drawing to a better two pair (overs) or a flush (two spades) you need to make them pay for it NOW. Not on the turn, the turn is too late. Tilt is already committed so you will get that call. There is no reason to figure either person for a set, so you probably have the best hand on the flop. Get it in there, on the flop...