Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Feedback on Stars $5 re-buy requested

Hello all

I've posted here a few times with requests for feedback on specific hands and your feedback has been great. In my last two $5 re-buys on Stars, I have finished the first hour strong (13K and 23K after add-ons), but I seem to just dribble away from there. I've finished each of the last two with about 20% of the field left. I realize that 2 tournaments is a small sample size, but I still feel I'm not playing optimally. I've played many other tournaments and this seems to be a common theme. I generally eek into the money if at all.

I feel I'm playing well, but maybe a little weak-tight at times. I'm wondering if there are any MTT vets on this forum who could take a look at my hand history from one or both of these previous tournaments and give me some pointers on what I need to change to make it deeper into the tournament and take advantage of my big stack at the end of the re-buy period.

I'm not looking to get flamed, and I would just like some feedback on my play. I can't seem to put my finger on what I'm doing wrong, but I need to do something differently.

If any of y'all can help, please post here or PM me.

Thanks in advance

JoshNjuice
Old 07-18-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Feedback on Stars $5 re-buy requested

Read this if you haven't already:

Great EmarkM post
Old 07-18-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Feedback on Stars $5 re-buy requested

Thank you very much for the link. That's an excellent post and, after a few readings, I hope it will help me to get on the right track.

I'd still very much like to have direct feedback on my hand histories if anyone is willing. But that is an excellent post and I think it will help me shore up a few leaks quickly.

Thanks again

JoshNjuice