Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2005, 11:00 PM

Default O Doyle\'s Army - NEW UPDATE ON START UP SITE OFFER

Hi All,

I have been talking to this new start up site for most of the evening. As you can imagine they have been watching this thread with keen interest.

After reading the thread and discussing it with me, they have to decided to open up the floodgates. Against their original (maybe better) judgement they will not limit the number of players that want to participate. It is with one exception, and that would be if there were too many players at one particular limit, they might cap that limit.

They are also going to raise the "safety net" feature to 45% of rake generated, with the total still being 75% credit of rake towards WSOP/WPT events. Their reasoning here being is that want this to be competitive with what any affiliate may offer once their site launches. Important note, if this does happen and you sign up through an affiliate first, you would not be eligible for this program. At this point, I want to again stress that I am not an affiliate for this site or any other. I am not an employee for this site or any other. I will not be earning any portion of any player's rake, nor do I want to. I am just a high volume player who wants the best deal I can get from an online site along with alot of other players at this site and fortunately you kind folks at the zoo with all your support are probably going to make it happen!

More good news! The time period to qualify for a WSOP/WPT event will be raised to nine months to allow lower limit players a chance to participate.

More better news! Higher volume/rake generating players will have the opportunity to qualify for multiple WSOP/WPT events throughout the nine month time period.

8 tabling will be possible, but you will probably have two accounts. (Much like TruePoker did for me)

They are discussing the option of allowing STTs and MTTs to count.

They will have SH tables and HU tables.

I think I have ran out of things to say, but I have the feeling I might be missing something. It just came to me. They calculate their rake paid on a "party model". That is, if there are 10 players at the table and the pot is raked
$ 2.00, each player at the table is credited with .20 of rake contributed.

Ok, now I think I'm done.