Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: I\'m going to Disneyworld! Tell me where to stay

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest going to Epcot and trying to have a drink in every country. See how far you can get.

Your daughter will likely only enjoy this for an hour and a half or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you get her the beer sampler while in the UK. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 07:46 PM

make sure you go to islands of adventure. its like 10 times better then D.L.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from Disneyworld and had a great time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were in S. Florida and didn't come see me? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought of this, but I don't think my bf would have appreciated me going to visit you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 07:02 AM

The Disney resort Port Orleans has separate cabins, I think they're called the 'Bayou' area. Might keep the 'kid factor' to a minimum. It's a moderate price resort. Second the idea that staying on the property is the way to go.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disneyworld is the child abduction capital of the world. More children disappear in Disneworld and DisneyLand than in any other place in the world every year .

Some conspiracy theorists (including me) believe that Disneyworld is nothing more than a giant black market child slavery cartel.

Organized bands look for weak unattentive parents to exploit and distract while their operatives dressed as various disney charachters haul the children off to some sort of underground prison system.

A single child can be sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars on the black market.

There are more slaves in the world today than any other time in history (reporting National Geographic and the Oprah Winfrey show.)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 02:08 PM

Last time I was there I stayed at Lake Buena Vista right by Downtown Disney. The condos were nice and they're on the Disney property so you get the bus service as well. All Star isn't bad either if you're looking to save some money.

Durs
Old 07-28-2005, 02:43 PM

In my opinion, one of the biggest advantages of staying on-site is being able to break up the day. We would go to one park in the morning and then go back to the hotel where I'd practically force my youngest to take a nap. Then we'd go to a different park in the evening. Most kids just can't go all day and this really helped for us. This also gives you a nice break in what is generally the hottest and most crowded part of the day.

As for "where", it depends on what your willing to spend. The Polynesian Village was awesome but it is also one of the most expensive. I've also stayed at the All-Star, Caribbean Beach, and Port Orleans resorts. I really liked the All-Star and it is one of the "low-budget" resorts. Wherever you stay, when you get there request to stay in a room as close to the main building as possible. Some of the newer resorts are very large and you will be walking a half mile or so just to get a drink or something to eat and that is also a pain with small kids.

Also, before we went the first time, we bought the book "Disney World with Kids" and it was a great help.

Enjoy!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:58 AM

Have been to Disney around 15 times (would have to count) and have stayed both on and off property and you absolutely need to stay on property. Once you've done that, which resort is a lesser consideration and mostly based on how much you want to spend. I recommend the moderates as a good starting point, but if you can afford to stay at the Boardwalk or Yacht&Beach, that's well worth the extra money for their convenience to Epcot.

Missed it if it was already mentioned in the thread, but make sure you visit mousesavers.com and/or the resort forum at disboards.com to make sure you're taking full advantage of any current discount offers.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:54 AM

sleep on the streets